After wasting some time on FB tonight I've decided to hop this way and do something of value. A few months ago I got caught up in my mind. It's not so bad to be a thinker. I love to think and I can spend hours passionately thinking. Sadly, at times my thinking back fires on me and I contort the world and what I know to be truth becomes a mess.
I was really struggling with being a woman. I like that I can today say, was. It means that today I'm not struggling, thus no one can comment and tell me it will be okay because it's already okay, for now.
At times being a woman leaves me feeling very yucky. I look at how the world represents women and we're either ornery, we push everyone around and expect everyone to kiss up to us, or we're some object to be lusted after, or we're just dirt and useless. How sad that I'd twist thoughts into such sickness. I know it's wrong. I know where these chains come from and I'm sick of him sticking his nose into everything that I do.
While I was contemplating how disgusting women (me) are I read this scripture:
3NE 1:22
And it came to pass that from this time forth there began to be lyings sent forth among the people, by Satan to harden their hearts, to the intent that they might not believe in those signs and wonders which they had seen; but notwithstanding these lyings and deceivings part of the people did believe, and were converted unto the Lord.
I could only sit and think after I came across this. He wants me to fail. I know the truth about women and Satan is only playing upon my insecurities. SHUT UP Satan.
Then my inbox sported this message one morning and it sealed the deal.
“We don’t always know the details of our future. We do not know what lies ahead. We live in a time of uncertainty. We are surrounded by challenges on all sides. Occasionally discouragement may sneak into our day; frustration may invite itself into our thinking; doubt might enter about the value of our work. In these dark moments Satan whispers in our ears that we will never be able to succeed, that the price isn’t worth the effort, and that our small part will never make a difference. He, the father of all lies, will try to prevent us from seeing the end from the beginning.” - Dieter F. Uchtdorf, “See the End from the Beginning,” CR, April 2006
Satan will not win!