Sunday, October 11, 2009

sunday smiles

I get that Sunday is nearly over but it's been a busy weekend and honestly I needed a Sunday nap. Now that it's 8:30 at night I figured I better get going on this before Sunday ends.

I smiled Saturday night when one of my primary kids pulled me aside at the ward party and told me she misses me. Even typing this makes me smile again. I love those kids. I can't help but smile when I see this sweet girl.

On Sunday, today, one of the boys from my primary class smiled at me and gave me five. Being loved by kids makes me feel special.

I smiled when Anthony and Kjel spent one evening discussing Anthony's faux stache. And then quietly giggled when Nic came in to show me the "hair" growing in his pits. So much testosterone cramming it's way into my house. Why do they want to grow up so fast??

I smiled when we turned the heat on and we got that "first time the heat's been turned on this winter" smell. Kjel says it's a nasty smell because it's all the dust being burned out of the ducts. I am sure he is wrong and it is a wonderful smell reminding me to curl up with a blanket and read and look out my window and just spend some time pondering.

I smiled when our Sunday class was kicked out of the chapel so the primary kids could practice for the primary program. I love the primary program!! Also, Sunday School was in the primary room and I love the primary room.

I smiled when this arrived in the mail.
Thanks Amy! I will be using it when Matthias is a little older. Then every time I go somewhere I will feel special.



I smiled when the wiggle tooth fell out.


I smiled when I found this.


I guess my kids are storing nuts for the winter.

I smiled on Friday because Clayton had the day off school and we spent it together. He is a fun kid.

I smiled on Friday because I found the Post Office. I have been here nearly a year. I've been sending everything from one of those fake post offices. It costs a lot more money. Hooray for the real post office, for as long as it stays in business.

I smiled Saturday when Nic was baptized.

I smiled on Monday when all the kids went back to school. The weekend was a long one with general conference and I really needed some me and Matthias time. It was nice to sit and watch my baby grow.

I smiled Tuesday night when I took my anxiety med. I don't always need it but there are times when I do and I am so thankful that it is available.

I smiled Thursday when I finally got the numbers and patches sewn (stuck on with badge magic) onto my kids scout shirts. The trip to the Scout Shop left me with an empty bank account but I won the mother of the week award when I showed the kids what I had done with my spare time.

I smile every time Kjel texts me the word "ditto"