Today Nicholas was baptized. While we missed our family, there were many members from the ward present. We thank you for coming out and showing Nic and our family your love. Nic chose each item on the program. If you participated it was because Nic picked you. His wonderful primary teacher Sis. Danette Brooks gave the opening prayer. The opening song was played by Clayton and one of the sweet girls, Mia Smith, in our ward was the chorister. I was given the opportunity to participate by giving the talk on baptism. I flubbed through most of it, however when the important part came, what I really wanted Nic to know, I looked into his sweet eyes and told him Heavenly Father loves him. I know with all my soul Heavenly Father loves each of his children. Bishop Oldham spoke some more on the covenants we make at baptism.
We then moved to the baptismal font. Kjel stood with Nic in the water and completed the ordinance, while Nic's old primary teacher, Bro. Willis and Bishop Oldham watched to make sure it was done correctly. Usually, I'm so caught up in the day that I miss the moment. Today I felt the moment. I watched my dear son baptized and I felt the very moment.
We then returned to the primary room where many of our sweet primary children shared their testimonies. I love children's testimonies. I was again blessed to be in this moment.
Clayton then played on the piano Choose the Right, from the hymn book. Afterward, Anthony played We'll Bring the World His Truth on his violin. It was wonderful to have them participate just as Nic wanted.
The next talk was given by Grandpa Cecil. How blessed we were to have him share his testimony of the Holy Ghost even though he was not with us. We will treasure the recording he sent for us to enjoy.
Nic was then confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. His blessing his father gave him was touching and quite spiritual. After this the primary president, Sister Johnson, welcomed Nic to primary. She shared some experiences she had with Nic. Her testimony was present in her eyes and I found myself thankful to know that she is leading our sons in primary. Next Brother Bruner, a member of the bishopric, welcomed Nic as a member of the church.
Tomorrow Nic will get to sit on the stand and keep the Bishop awake. Nic is very much looking forward to this. We sang the closing song, again played by Clayton and then Isaak said the closing prayer.
We celebrated with Nic's favorite brownies.
Even though the wind is blowing and the chill of winter is in the air my heart is warm.