Wednesday, November 04, 2009

anxiously anxious anxiety

Today is the day I prep to fly so I thought it most important I sit down and waste some time blogging. My anxiety is settling in and if it wasn't for all the truly wonderful people I get to see in Utah I'd cancel this trip. Yup, you heard me, cancel. I have acquired a fear of flying and also a fear of leaving my family. Let's just say Kjel is my little safety net that plugs my brain back into security and helps me monitor reality. I don't like being separated from him. Such silly co-dependence. So last night he sat me down and told me there were plenty of people in Utah that love me and will take care of me. He's right so I'm going to get on that plane and with white knuckle grip fly over to a little place I use to call home. I will of course be tucking my meds in my purse and talking myself off the cliff the entire trip but I know the minute I step off the plane and see the world I love I will be glad I forced myself through.