Friday, December 04, 2009

Attention... is this thing working??

It has come to my attention that I have some learning to do! This is not your standard run of the mill life learning stuff, this is business. You know that stuff your hunny comes home at night and shares with you --Business. (no, not that... see if you can keep up)

Last night the king of this crib came home and seemed a little sullen. After much prying (I can be really obnoxious) he finally spilled some of it. Work is work. It's not that this is bad. If it wasn't work he wouldn't get paid to do it -- oh wait I don't get paid to work.... let's change that. If it was easy someone else would swoop in and take the job. It's not that it's tremendously difficult (he's got a good brain) but some day's can prove to be frustrating. Just like laundry isn't tough and cooking really is not hard (mac and cheese) and Kindergarten homework, I can do that with my brain closed. You get the point. Lately, I think he's not sharing as much because he can see that my simple mind is just not getting it.

For years Kjel has been sharing with me his day. I sit and listen. I really DO try to understand. I really want to get what he's talking about. I'm not trying to be stupid. For years he's tried to train me in all things business. I still don't get it. Even this morning the poor guy was on the phone explaining a situation to me. He talked slow and used small words but I just don't get it. Imagine if you worked hard all day long only to come home to some imbecile who cannot understand simple English? Breaks your heart doesn't it! The most I can do for him is say. "That's sounds really frustrating."


So, what is there to be done about this? Kjel, I'm asking you... how can I do better? I really like you and I want to be your friend. I know I'm kind of stuck at a lower level but if you have any literature or text books that are written on a 2nd grade level bring them home and teach me.... i can be learned i promise i will try!! Hooookeed on p-honics work-ed for me!