Sunday, December 06, 2009

Sunday SMILES

Early Tuesday morning I was all smiles as I listened to Kjel sing in the shower. The shower head and toilet were serenaded with the song "All Creatures of Our God and King."

I smile every morning when I put this on.

While I was in Utah my mom gave me this and it works GREAT!

I smiled Saturday morning when I watched one of our adorable Activity Day girls lead the Primary kids while they sang "Away in a Manger". Go Mia, you ROCK!


I smiled when Isaak set the speakers up for Matthias to listen to some tunes.

The best part is that Matthias fell asleep listening to Toccata and Fugue in D Minor. Every time we shut the song off he'd wake back up.

Saturday morning started abruptly with a loud cry from Matthias. Somehow??? he had been dropped???? by a brother. He landed on his arm and we spent about 10 minutes trying to decide if something was broken. After a prayer to help us decide if he needed a doc trip we were able to settle him down. I found myself smiling all day long as I watched him move his right arm.

I smiled on Dec. 1st when I put the Christmas tree up. I listened to Handel's Messiah and sang along while I strung the lights. When the song "For Unto Us a Child is Born" was playing I couldn't help but smile and think of Matthias. "For unto us a child is born.... unto us a son is given." I feel so blessed to have this sweet son in our home.

I smiled when Kjel told me he is not a Grinch because he sided with the Bishops wife in the necessity of there being a manger scene set up at the church. Grinch status is from this moment forward removed.

I smiled Friday night when we found out that Kjel's mom will be making a visit to Wisconsin in March. We are spoiled!

Saturday at the ward brunch the kids got to see Santa. Matthias didn't seem to care too much but found great joy in what Santa was passing out.


I smiled when I took the kids to see Christmas lights on Christmas Lane. We don't have temple square but a quick trip in the car and you can see lights galore. We even spent time watching a hobby train work its way around tracks in someones front yard. Such fun.

This week Nic was insistent on helping out with baby. Smiles for a guy that changes diapers.


With growing up boys comes silliness. I smiled this week as the boys spent time adding features to every picture in all advertisements that came to our home. Glasses and a stache on a lady... go figure.

Does it remind you of Jr. High?

These pajamas make me smile.


I bought these duck-duck jammies for Anthony when he was little. I handed them down to Adi when all my guys had outgrown them. While I was in Utah she gave them back to me. I just love these jammies.

I smiled when I bought Kjel a surprise Christmas gift. He has NO idea what it is and I will NOT be telling him!! In years past I have found it difficult to keep my exciting secrets from him. He's certain he will know what it is before Christmas. We'll see....

I smiled when Kjel texted me and asked me if it was snowing? As I turned to look out the window, flurries of white cold were starting to collect on the tree branches. I'm not really into the snow this year because it lasts forever but a quick smile was absolutely necessary for the first snow of the season. I smiled again when I watched a neighbor boy make a snowball and send it across his yard.

I smiled when I found the missing library books under beds.

I smiled when I chatted on the phone with my sister Amy. Every time I talk with her I walk away enlightened. The Lord sent me four great sisters (two blood sisters, one married in and one adopted by me) to help me out!

I smiled when I had this conversation with Clayton.
C: YES!! Woohoo!!
M: What?
C: I just remembered I have a test at school today. I am so excited. It's going to be a great day.
M: Okay...? smile

I smiled and cringed as the kids sang Happy Birthday to my dad Friday night. Pops turned old this week and in his honor they tortured him with their rendition of a birthday song. Fortunately, Dad has a hearing deficit and found the song rather enjoyable.

I smiled on Monday night as I watched Kjel and Isaak fix the van and talk about guy stuff.


I smiled as I curled up with Matthias on Friday and took a nap. I was supposed to be doing other things but at that moment I couldn't think of anything more important than snuggling with baby on the couch.

Monday after school was beautiful so we spent some time outside. I smiled as I watched Anthony fly the dragonfly his grandma gave him last Christmas.


I smiled when I found this picture on my camera.

Katrina and Matthias asleep together.


This week Matthias smiled too... which always makes me smile.