I smiled all week long each time I saw my husband home with me. I know I'm spoiled.
I smiled when I put Matthias in these cute jammies. When Kjel was little he had a suit that he called his "beep beep" suit. It was his favorite clothing to where. He always wanted to sport his cool look. When I was out Black Friday shopping with my sister Katrina we found these jammies and I had to have them. They don't look anything like Kjel's "beep beep" suit but they do say "beep beep" on them.
I smiled on Monday when I didn't have to get anyone to school. Hooray for a break and time to spend with my kids.
I smiled when the kids made sleds out of candy. As if we didn't have enough forms of sugar floating around the house, I found it necessary to shove some more down the kids throats so we made these fun sleds.
I smiled when I made a sack sack for myself. I've wanted one for years but every time I see one at the store it costs too much and I always think to myself, 'I could make that.' So I've never had one. This week I smiled when I made one out of the leftover Christmas fabric.
A gift from Grandma arrived and as I set it under the tree it started making noises. It was a super cute rattle that plays songs when you push a button. Matthias loves it. I love smiling and thinking about the many postal workers that enjoyed the music before we did.
Last week I decided the kids needed a Christmas Eve party. I've always been blessed with a Christmas Eve party. The event is a highlight of the season for me. It has been ever since I was a child. I decided this year we needed one. So last minute I threw one together and invited some friends over. The picture below is of the line up of kids games. The most important game of all was the guessing jars! I think next year the party needs to be bigger! (shh don't tell Kjel)
I smiled when I made Christmas PJ's for the kids. I had decided not to do pj's this year and then last minute I decided they needed some. I had tons of leftover fabric so I whipped out cute pj's for all my little boys.
I smiled as I talked to my boys as we fell asleep on Christmas Eve. All interested parties are offered the opportunity of sleeping under the tree.
Watching the kids descend the staircase on Christmas morning brought me smiles.
Great minds think alike and I could only smile when Kjel's mom and I gave the kids the same gifts.
I smiled on Christmas as I talked with my sisters, brother, mom and dad. I smiled the entire time I was on the phone.
I smiled when I found this in a mess in our basement the day after Christmas. Long day, short story but seeing this bag brought hope and smiles. The words on it say 'sweet assurance'
I also smile every time our sump pump turns on.