I've been chatting up a storm with all the people around my house. It's been sometime though since I chatted into the blogosphere so I thought I'd post something and send out an update of what life is presenting.
The kids have been enjoying their time off. We've talked about our new year resolutions and they've come up with some that they will definitely be able to keep. Anthony has decided his new year resolution is to resolve to never resolve. Nic and Isaak have decided they will never touch a blue ring octopus because the octopus is deadly. Clayton refused to make any resolutions because he has decided it is truly impossible to commit to anything completely thus he would only be lying and he would not want to be marked as a liar. It's good that they are working hard to better themselves.
I presented Matthias with the resolution of sleeping through the night. Immediately upon the suggestion he laughed in my face. Excellent timing. I'm sure he didn't really laugh at the idea of sleeping through the night. I'm sure it was just a uncontrollable reaction, like breathing... it just happens.
Kjel doesn't tend to make resolutions so he's sided with the kids and will not be torturing himself with guilt.
I of course look at January 1st as an opportunity to pin myself in a corner and repeatedly flog the wickedness out of my veins. I always start the year with ideas of grandeur about how I will change or what I will become. Mid January rolls around and I find myself just being me. This year I've decided I really don't want the guilt. I am the queen of guilt and can pile it on in places you'd never expect. Even though I don't want guilt I do want to accomplish something this year so I have resolved to discover who I am. I want to find out who LeShel is. When I sit alone in the dark and no one knows what I am thinking or doing who am I? When there is not a living soul watching me how does LeShel react? I want to live in a manner that is about what I think not what others think. At the risk of being misunderstood I want to clarify that this is not about being selfish and only take care of myself. This goal is about being myself. Who am I?