“Man can transform himself and he must. Man has in himself the seeds of godhood, which can germinate and grow and develop. As the acorn becomes the oak, the mortal man becomes a god. It is within his power to lift himself by his very bootstraps from the plane on which he finds himself to the plane on which he should be. It may be a long, hard lift with many obstacles, but it is a real possibility.” - Spencer W. Kimball, “The Teachings of Spencer W. Kimball,” edited by Edward L. Kimball, p. 28
I smiled when Anthony said, "Mom, watch me defy gravity,"
and then lifted his hand into the air.
and then lifted his hand into the air.
I can either cry or smile ever time I see this boy look like he's growing. I usually smile.
I smiled when I spent time helping Isaak's school class this week. Seeing Isaak with his class is instant smiles.
Knowing that today Kjel will confer the Aaronic Priesthood upon Clayton brings me soft, quiet smiles.
I smiled when a little boy at the school loved on Matthias.
He just couldn't get enough of the baby.
He was so tender and just kept touching baby's head.
He just couldn't get enough of the baby.
He was so tender and just kept touching baby's head.
I smiled when Clayton requested pie for his birthday...
PIZZA PIE (btw, hot pizza melts wax candles from the bottom up.... just so you know)
Seeing brothers happy together will always bring smiles to a mom's face.
I smiled when I read this card Clayton got from his friend.
I've learned a lot watching Clayton. Growing up I was always SO worried about fitting in. Clayton doesn't concern himself with those matters. The card inside said, "Clayton, thanks for being one of my only friends."
my heart shattered when I read the word "only"
I'm glad that Clayton has good friends and
that he recognizes there is more to life than fitting in.
that he recognizes there is more to life than fitting in.
I smiled as I watched Nic and Isaak help Matthias get ready for church last Sunday.
I smiled when I lotioned up with the scent coconut lime verbena. We used this lotion the entire time we were in LegoLand. Every time I use it I think about the beach and sunshine warm days and time spent with Kjel and the boys.
I smiled when Kjel helped me put into perspective what I really need to get done each day.
Smiles for the house warming up to 72 without the heat going on.
SUNSHINE!
SUNSHINE!
Happy Valentines Day to everyone. I will smile tonight when the whole family is home together and we can enjoy Valentines day.