Sunday, April 11, 2010

sunday smiles 4/11

I smiled on Friday because the sun finally showed up for spring break. Heather had me laughing because she twisted the words and we realized that this year we got a break from spring.

I smiled this week when Anthony wanted me to do something for him and he pulled out his charm and said, "Pleeease... I'll be your best friend."

A nice spring afternoon spent outside with Anthony telling Matthias about the clouds.

I smiled when I filled up my gas tank using an old school pump. This the kind where you have to lift the lever attached to the pump before the gas will come out. (i think i explained that??) So whenever I come across these I laugh and smile because the first time I filled gas I didn't realize you have to lift that metal part up. I kept trying to get the pump to work and it wouldn't fill my tank. I finally figured that pump was broken so I hopped in my car and pulled around to another pump. Again, NO LUCK! I'm sure at this point the boys in the station were getting some good laughs. One finally stopped laughing long enough to help me and over the intercom gave me a little advice.

The house reaching this temp because of the sun shining... SMILES

Brothers having fun together is always smiles

You can tell you've had a fun day playing when you take your socks off and it looks as though they may still be on.



Smiles because I planted seeds and they are growing. We're going to have flowers in our yard this year.

A trip on the downtown trolley brought little guy smiles.

 I don't very often come across these letters here in Kenosha. When I saw them I could only smile.
 

Isaak deciding to eat the bottom of the cone before completing the ice cream... smiles.


A trip to the Kenosha Dinosaur Museum. Smiles because I'm finally checking this one horse town out.


I smiled when Anthony found a way to have fun. Lately he's a little too cool to have fun. i CauGhT YoU!

***Anthony just read this and he has informed me that he was absolutely not having fun. He was making the dinosaurs eat each other. ***

The trampoline back in commission! SMILES SMILES SMILES
Watching, How to Eat Fried Worms, with my kiddos, and eating gummy worms in pudding... that's a smile.

A letter in the mail inviting Clayton to attend an awards ceremony in Madison, WI brought me smiles. Clayton did a super good job on a test. Go Clayton.

Making Kjel dinner... yum. Okay so I didn't actually make the meal but I did make it possible for all the items to be available in our home so he could make the meal. That's close to cooking dinner for him... right?

Making a goal and working toward it isn't easy but this week I've done a great job so I must pat myself on the back and smile. I am trying really hard to not be afraid of people. I want to be in control of my life and I no longer want the anxiety to rule my life. It's not easy but baby steps and sunshine will make it happen.