At first I felt guilty that I was smiling. I wanted so much to give my smiles to them. Give them the simple life I have. It doesn't seem fair that I get to smile with ease while others are digging deep inside to hold the very seams of life together.
A friend of mine shared with me that it would be wrong of me to not enjoy the blessings of the moment. It's about gratitude for what is available and grasping on to those moments and wrapping my soul with joy.
Did I smile this week?
Isaak has a tender heart. He keeps it hidden under all that tough boyishness, however, for those he cares about he pulls it out. This week he decided he was giving a gift to a girl in his class. He wrapped the gift and made a card for her. I smiled as he wrapped up for her a Discover Card t-shirt from take your kids to work day. It was kind of him to think of someone else. I'm also smiling each time I think about the puzzled look on her mom's face when the t-shirt arrived at home.
I smiled as I watched this cue ball head staring at the ducks in our back yard.
I smiled this week as each time I came up with a smile I recorded it on my phone. I was certain I would not forget to type a single one. My heart sank as I started to locate them. It seems that each time I recorded the smile it was over the previous smile. Oops. Half the smiles of the week are missing because as soon as I recorded them I moved on. I can't pull up any of them in my mind.
I smiled when Kjel brought home trees for me. We now have two new little oak trees growing in our back yard.
Smiles for a Friday with Kjel at home with me.
I smiled as I watched my friends little kids. They are super cuties! It was fun to have them at my house. I even got to watch Ice Age 3 with them. I love a valid reason for watching a movie.
Smiles for dreams where I got to spend time with people I love. I woke up each morning refreshed after time chilling with my peeps. Adi and I ate donuts together and chatted about everything and nothing. Amy drove two hours to pick me up and bring me back to her house. She had a great swim suit that fit me perfectly. I got to spend a day with her and some of her VA friends. I love these dreams.
I smiled when I found Matthias asleep in Kjel's arms. Look close at what little guy is holding.
I smiled when I thought up THE perfect Mother's day gift for my mom. Now if I can only have it done in time. How many nights can I go without sleep??
Isaak holding Matthias and Matthias smiling. Amazing.
Every time I see this rug in my bathroom I smile. My friend Katie made it for me for my birthday. I miss my Utah people. I am glad that I have reminders of those friendships.
