Sunday, May 23, 2010

sunday smiles 5/23

Why do I Sunday SMilEs?

I started this over a year ago because I recognized I was being a little grumpy. I have quick mood changes which can be a blessing and a struggle. At the time when I started Sunday Smiles I was smiling/struggling through a pregnancy. I was finding my mood switching as fast as the time changes. I needed a pick me up and it came to my mind that I needed to recognize the moments that I smiled.

This morning I am typing up my smiles and I am thankful that I've kept track of them. I have had some downs this week. The downs are not created by what is going on around me but by what is going on inside me. I am especially thankful because just thinking about the smiles of the week is lifting the dark cloud. So without further ado....

I smiled when Isaak brought home this picture with these sentences

'My mom and I go to the store. We buy grapes. They taste good.'
Now check out the picture. My car has a flower hanging out the back. LOVE IT!!

This Sunday the boys set up a barrier to protect the lego's from being consumed. Smiles for smart thinking.

Clayton and Nic had a piano recital Saturday night. They did a great job! I smiled as I listened to them and to the other students. It's great that they've had the opportunity to have such a great teacher.


Anthony and Kjel spent Friday and Saturday at WI Dells. They had a great time. I smiled knowing they were together.



Upon arriving at home Anthony was full of energy until he sat down on the couch. I smiled when he woke up from this nap because he was insistent that he DID. NOT. FALL. ASLEEP.


(He just read this and is still insisting that he wasn't asleep. His eyes were just closed.)

He was not too excited about attending the piano recital after only getting a one hour nap. Normally, I wouldn't post such a silly picture of myself but you have to look past the crazy face to see how much Anthony was enjoying himself at the recital. I smiled when I saw this picture because I love that kids are kids.

My nephew, Martin, hit a home run at his game this week. Smiles!

Isaak made a tortuga at school. When he brought it home to show me I was all smiles. I love to see my kids create.

This week we had some sunshine days and I smiled when we all played outside. I love to be outside with my kids.
 This is what happens when mom gets busy playing ball with older brothers. I smiled because when I happened upon little guy I was glad to see he was comfortable being a boy.


I had A LOT of work for work this week. I spent too much time at my computer typing up people's conversations. It's all good though because Isaak painted my toenails. And then moved on to other artwork because mom is so boring when she works.

This note slipped into my hand brought smiles to my face.














Kjel spent the week at home. It was a much needed break from work work. Little did he know that he'd have home work. I smiled when he patched the holes from little munchkins pulling on the shower curtain. He then painted the bathroom a beautiful boring neutral color. Smiles because Kjel knew how to fix it!






A phone call during the week from my sister had me smiling! Amy and Mike are having a BABY!!



I smiled when this arrived in the mail. It's the church magazine for the youth. 
I can't believe I have a 12 year old.

Adi gave me this shirt long before it would fit me. I smiled when I realized it FITS me.
The shirt says... Smiley Face.


Playing at the park and swinging baby is all SMILES.

Messes that remind me of messes my other babies have made brought me smiles.

This article brought me smiles. I'm trying really hard to figure out the answer to this for me. Smiles that Sis. Beck chatted on this subject, yet again! I'm not a freaky stalker, I promise.

Finding classical literature at a garage sale is always a smile.

Some of you may say this is not classical literature. I beg to differ. Every small child should spend hours with Dr. Seuss and the Berenstain Bears. It's vital to early childhood development.
Oh yeah... That's a smile!

Friday night at our house is home made pizza night. Every week I pull out this recipe. I smile when I see it because Lynne gave me this delicious recipe and I love LYNNE!

And now I am smiling because it is a beautiful day and my insides are no longer clouded with garbage.