Sunday, May 16, 2010

sunday smiles 5/16

I have smiled this week bigger than big. It's been amazing how many different times I've found my cheeks hurting because the smile was SO big for SO long.

It's great when I find my boys together doing boy stuff. I have to smile.

Just so you know a minute later Matthias was being brought to me with contraband in his mouth.

We have a pet. I came home Monday night with smiles because we are now proud pet owners. No longer will my children have to answer the, 'What kind of pet do you own,' question with, (in a sad frowny tone) 'We don't have a pet.' We are proud owners of a frog! It started out as proud owners of two frogs but one of them didn't make it many days with us. I DID NOT DO IT. I promise you I did not kill the frog. For those of you that know my past history with pets I guarantee it wasn't me!


An email conversation this week brought smiles. I'm not sure if I should share the details yet but it has to do with 12 stepping and lives being changed. LOVE IT!!

After a meeting with Clayton's school counselor I walked away all smiley. Clayton will be jumping ahead in math next year. He gets to start Algebra. Another smile for the nerd of the family came when his grades arrived.


Another HUGE smile I got was from a conversation on the phone with my adopted sister. I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE YOU THIS SUMMER!!

Some days are rough, even for babies. I smiled when Kjel called me downstairs to see Matthias asleep.


And now for a smile with some good details. I laughed so hard at this one and shared it many times. A conversation between Nic and I.
I was in the kitchen making cookies when Nic came into the house in a bit of distress.

Nic (make sure you drag the words out and pitch the tone a little whiny): "Mom, Anthony called me a wuss."

Me (the ever concerned and loving mother speaking to Nic): "Is it true?"

Nic: "Yes."

Me: (I could only laugh as we obviously had mis-communicated a bit).

Nic: "Well he DID call me a wuss."

Me: "Anthony, don't call your brother a wuss... even if it is true."

Come on, you've got to smile at that one. It's classic!


I love it when we find wildlife in our yard. Smiles for the toad that Kjel found when he was mowing the lawn.


Saturday night we finally got to using the fire pit the kids built. Hooray for marshmallows and hot dog roasts in my backyard.


Garage sale shopping found Matthias this chair and Anthony a bike. Total spent $25.00


Clayton is saving money to pay for scout camp. He spent a few hours on Saturday pleading to adults hearts and stomachs. A lemonade/treat stand. Look at how cute he is... SMILE

Here he is with his loot and a smile!


It's always a smile when I find my boys asleep.


Lots of smiles this week as I talked with people who are struggling but are trying to be strong. Some days being strong is NASTY hard. Some days you have to just cry... that's okay! It was nice to talk with people who aren't quitting. They feel how hard it is and they wish it wasn't but they aren't going to give in, at least not for very long. LOVE YOU and smiles for your strength.