Wednesday, August 04, 2010

if you can go 1 you can go 2

At the beginning of the summer our family sat down and set goals. We each had to choose a goal to accomplish by the end of the summer. I personally picked two. The first was being able to run 3 miles. The second goal was figuring out who I am.

The second goal Clayton quickly commented on and suggested that 3 months/1 summer is not long enough to figure out your destiny. That's one smart cookie. But I figured it was worth a try.

So since I've gone running a handful of times this summer, many times less than I had planned, I was thinking I do need to accomplish this goal of running 3 miles. This morning I decided to jump start and stepped out into the raining humid morning and followed Isaak as he took me on a tour of the neighborhood. It was somewhat painful and I was thankful when he decided to wind his way home. After I caught my breath and chugged some H2O I hopped on the computer and tracked my run.

NO WAY!! I went two miles without stopping. Who said that you can't procrastinate?? I'll have that 3 miles by the end of summer! NO DOUBT.

And I might even figure out my purpose in life?? Who knows, anything can happen!