Sunday, August 01, 2010

sunday smiles 8/1

Playing Phase 10 with Mia and Cara is totally a smile. I started the game strong and headed out in the lead only to be taken over by Mia who kept it until Cara and I ganged up on her and caught up. I was certain Mia was done for. She proved herself persistent and ended the game with a graceful win. Go MIA!

Our ward had a big party to celebrate the 24th of July. In honor of our pioneer heritage we played some pioneer games. This is one where the kids wrists were tied together and the first one to eat their pudding won! I laughed my head of when the game began on the girls on each side of Nic pulled his arms and he never regained the power to use them for himself. So funny.

Almost every time I go grocery shopping I get this parking spot. It's amazing to me how it's just sitting open waiting for me to pull right in. That's a smile.

Spending this week wearing Clayton's CTR ring will bring me smiles. Yesterday we sent him to Scout camp. He was bursting with excitement. He had planned on leaving his ring at home so as to not lose it while camping. He had forgotten and asked me to take care of it for him. I begged him to let me wear it all week so I could keep him close to me. He was sweet and let his mom pathetic mother have her wish.

Kjel watches cooking shoes ALL THE TIME. Nicholas made himself a delicious bowl of oatmeal and garnished it with jelly and blueberries. He was so proud of his meal presentation I had to take a picture and smile.

This week I was called upon for an airport pick-up. As I drove to pick-up our friends I smiled. I smiled because we have friends in Kenosha that we're close enough with that they asked us to pick them up from the airport. I feel so special.

A few Sunday's back I took  Grandma and Mom to church with me.  I wore the bracelet my mom gave me and a gorgeous long black skirt that used to be my Grandma's. I smiled all day as I felt myself wrapped in their love.

Watching kids play together is always a smile. Lately I've watched my kids fight together A LOT. Playing is much more enjoyable.

This cutie with his baby brings me smiles.

I finally went downtown to the HarborMarket. I've wanted to go since we moved here. My biggest smile was this shirt. 
 
DADD, Dads Against Daughters Dating, Shoot the first one and the word will spread.
HILARIOUS

Some shopping at Lowe's means a super cool cart. Isaak being the protector and showing Matthias the ropes is a smile for me.

You know that scene when you walk out of the bathroom with toilet paper stuck to your foot. Um ya, Matthias can't keep his hands off toilet paper and since he spreads it on the floor sometimes it gets stuck to his foot. SMILE

Anthony's violin string broke (I swear I had nothing to do with it, okay, maybe I might have, kind of) When we got to the music store this sign brought me smiles.

Nic and his buddy Lucas together is a smile.

Some cute boys showed me this bug as it was molting it's skin. SO cool and super big smile for me.

Talking with my friend Jacqueline is a smile. Praying with one of our dear ward sisters over the phone is another smile.