Tuesday, September 28, 2010

is it?

I'm supposed to be folding laundry but I've gotten side tracked because that's what I do around here. My mind has a tendency to wander so my actions follow with that and well I end up blogging when I should be doing other tasks.

I couldn't let the moment pass of Matthias sharing his first sentence. I know what you're thinking. He's how old?? A sentence?? You've got a genius on your hands. If you're feeling a little jealous let's put into context how he ended up with such a fine string of words.

I am always careful to put things in a safe place. I recognize that some items are very important and thus warrant a carefully thought out location. Because of my skill at picking such particular places it seems that at times I find myself asking Matthias, 'Where is it?'  Honestly, we daily find ourselves playing this game. IN fact, it has become a running joke at my house. Mom and her safe place lost it again. Today, we were looking for his bink (again) and as I searched the house saying, "Where is it?" little guy followed behind me chanting, "is it? is it? is it?" 

Yes, I am one proud mama! I've taught my child irresponsibility!