Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sunday Smiles 9/26

If I type this quick it will be still be Sunday when it gets posted. I had big plans to prepare this post yesterday and then that didn't happen so it was going to be this morning, or this afternoon... or tonight!

I smiled as I watched Women's Conference. I especially loved every single talk and each moment. Big smiles for when President Monson stood up and tugged on his suit coat to straighten it out. I've seen my Grandpa do that. I love reminders of people I love. I also loved that when the evening ended my cousin and I spent some time texting each other smiles.

I smiled when I arrived home Saturday and everyone but Anthony was asleep. I hopped on his bed and chatted with just him. It's fun to spend one on one time with my kids. Late night conversations about life are a smile.


Clayton gutting a fish is a half smile. A few years ago he caught a fish and was put to the charge of gutting it and prepping it. He had NO idea that because he caught the fish he was responsible for cleaning it. Well, it ended with him throwing up and me taking the fish to finish the work. On Saturday he accomplished the task on his own. This only gets a half smile though because my soft side is really sad for the fish.

This last week we did some serious fun harvesting. We did some raspberry picking and some apple picking. The raspberry picking was especially fun because as I picked I thought about my Grandpa Darrel's home. He had a large section of his yard planted in raspberries. I loved when they were ripe and I still vividly remember picking the berries. I'm not even sure if we were supposed to or not. It's quite possible my Grandma had big plans for her harvest. How nice of her to let her grand kids snatch some yummy memories.



While picking apples I thought of Grandpa Cecil's Golden Delicious apple tree. It sits in his front yard and many a time a small child/adult has been reminded that the apples are not yet ready to be eaten.  When we arrived at the orchard we were given the rows of apples allowed to be picked. Just next to the final row of allowable apples was the first row of Golden Delicious. I couldn't help but sneak over and grab just a few for old times.

I had a meeting at the middle school. When I arrived there was NO parking so I made my own spot. I smiled when I came back out and realized that others had followed me. It seems that I'm the cool kid!

Ever heard of being caught red handed? I smiled when this little guy got caught Oreo handed!

  Watching Isaak's first official flag football game is a smile. Doing it wearing the $2.99 shirt I bought from Good will is a moment of bliss. The fact that I sat in goose poop only slightly dampens the spirit of the day.
I smiled each time the team huddled. It was fun to see the kids so intent . I'm not really a sports person but I've got a soft spot in me for any team my kids play on.
 

I decorated for Nic's birthday. I smiled when he said it was better than Christmas. Nic has a way of showing his happiness. I smile every time he exaggerates joy.

I smiled when I saw this on the way to church. I don't know how these people in front of me feel about the rest of the world but they obviously love me. It's wonderful to be loved.

I bought a swim cap. That's a smile! 
I know this is the best picture you've ever seen of me and I should post it every where.
 I'd hate to make people jealous though.

Every time I think about this little guy or see pictures of him I smile. I love you Maxson!!

On Saturday I took Nic, Isaak and Matthias to the Betty Brinn Museum in Milwaukee. I was certain I was going to post that I smiled when I parallel parked. I actually failed miserably and just ended up parking in a garage. I did, however, smile as I watched little guy completely content pushing the mower. I hope he still likes it in a few years.
BIG smiles for three trips to Milwaukee on my own. I'm pretty much becoming a natural.
Just don't ask the kids how many times I got lost before we parked.

I've completed another set of curtains. I smile each time Kjel comments on how nice they look. He doesn't tend to comment on stuff. Each time he points out how nice they look my entire insides light up with joy. It's like when he kissed me for the first time.

Watching Anthony and two girls from the ward practice for the primary program is a smile!