Sunday, October 31, 2010

sunday smiles 10/31

Buying my sewing machine has proven to bring me smiles each time I use it.
Tuesday afternoon I asked Isaak what he was going to wear to his Halloween party on Wednesday. He had decided to not dress up. I was feeling sad that he'd be un-costumed so I sat down with him in front of the computer at looked at ideas on the Family Fun website. He decided being a skeleton was perfect. I ran to Wal-Mart and purchased black sweats and white flannel. I smiled as I stayed up late creating a costume for him. Creating his costume then led to making pieces of a costume for Anthony. That led to making a costume for Clayton and for Matthias. Smiles for a SUPER fun Halloween. I can't wait to create costumes next year.
front side of Super Baby

Super Baby

Skeleton

Monk


Demented Giraffe

I smiled as I watched Kjel put Anthony's makeup on. This is not something you usually see at my house.
vampire
Just a couple more Halloween smiles. I smiled as I watched the kids sort their candy. We had a great time at the church Trunk-or-Treat. The kids came home with some serious loot.
I love the tradition of sorting.



candy for Mom and Dad Matthias

A smile for wearing out Super Man

I know this kid and I know the kind of excitement he's feeling at this very moment.
Smiles for boys that are just like their mom.


I LOVE carving pumpkins.
I smiled as I pulled out guts and watched these boys do some serious carving.

Smiles for each time I walk into my living room/kitchen.
The curtains are up and my husband loves it.





Football season is over for Isaak which is NOT a smile
but watching his final game from inside the van because it was very cold is a smile.



Seeing Father and Son walking off the field together is a smile.

Taking Isaak for an Ice Cream and watching him truly enjoy each bite is a smile.


This smile from Isaak creates a smile for Mom.

I've noticed that my random smiles are decreasing.
I think I'm going to have make a concentrated effort this week looking for smiles.