Sunday, November 07, 2010

sunday smiles 11/7

It has been a lovely week filled with surprise and smiles. My first smile of the week happened early, EARLY Monday morning. I had actually planned to stay up all night waiting for the news but somehow I drifted to sleep when I was awakened by a call from my Dad. He was letting me know that my sister's baby had arrived. After over 24 hours of labor, Soren Idrios had joined our family. I prayed for Soren and his mom and dad and then snuggled back under my covers for a few more hours of sleep.
Soren has brought many smiles for me this week.
  • smiles as I thought about the doctors and scientists that have spent hours studying and thinking and creating to discover medications that develop lungs.
  • smiles for nurses that endlessly work with infants that need special attention.
  • smiles for technology that can keep an entire family up to date minute to minute
  • smiles as I prayed and fasted for peace and strength and allowing the Lords will
  • big smiles when I saw a picture of my sweet sister finally holding her sweet son

  • more smiles for daddy holding Soren also

  • eyes open and checking  the world out is a smile

  • working on a project for baby Soren with help from my baby.... that's a smile
 
I could seriously end it here and that would be enough smiling to keep my mental health up for months but even though the smiles started with Soren they didn't end there.

Tuesday evenings is scouts and this week I had the blessing of doing drop off and pick up. I let the boys know I'd be outside waiting for them and to come out as soon as they were done. Anthony, in hopes of getting a few minutes with his buddies said, "I think it would be okay to ask you if I can stay and talk because you stay and talk all the time." I smiled at him and said, "Excellent observation, you can have a few minutes but don't be long." Love that kid.

Wednesday morning was Isaak's birthday. He is now 7! I love that he tackles life head on! In the morning we celebrated and I smiled as I watched his complete joy!

Smiles for his creative way of sticking candles in the cake.

I also smiled as I watched him destroy this bag to get into his birthday present.
I smiled when the add for Shopko showed up in our mailbox. Check out the sweatshirt add. 
GO Utah! As in the state not the school, although I have at times cheered them I must keep my mouth shut because everyone in this house knows where I sleep at night and well.... to keep me safe in this home I currently bleed blue.
Take a close look at this picture. What could it be? I personally asked myself that question when I went to post all the pics of smiles. And then I looked closely and realized that I took this picture because I spent time with friends sewing Christmas pj's. This is Cara's serger and using a serger reminds me of when I was in Jr. High Home Ec. I loved that machine. Smiles for good memories of Jr. High and smiles for hours spent with friends.

Not only did the serger bring smiles while I was sewing with friends but cute little kids sitting at a little kids table brought smiles.

Leaves are falling all around and I'm finding smiles in my trees. Check it out. My tree not only brings joy to me but a family used it! I have nests in so many of my trees that even though the leaves are missing I can't frown.

The best things in life are FREE! I'm sure the saying is meant for something else but this treadmill was FREE and it is going to bring me some serious joy this winter. Watching Isaak "working out" brought me a big smile on Saturday.

What happens when you leave the cereal out on the table? Lucky for the culprit that didn't put it away when he was finished! I smiled! Normally, I wouldn't be smiling at this waste of money but Matthias looked so cute standing in the middle of it.
Word of advice to the kids, if you don't want to get in trouble stick your cute little brother in the middle of it and all of mom's anger will melt.

Clayton and Anthony working on the climbing merit badge is smiles because Clayton is afraid of heights but together they conquered it!

Smiles for a Sunday morning when Kjel has no meetings at the church. He is with us this morning so I'm going to ditch the computer and spend some time snuggling!