Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Thy will be done

It's been an interesting week for my family. My sister delivered her adorable son Monday night. What a joy to have another member of our family. He wasn't expected for another 5 weeks so he's got some obstacles but he's kickin bum bum!

We've said A LOT of prayers as a family. There isn't much you can do to help in this situation and the fact that we're nearly 1200 miles away means I can't get lost in cleaning her house or taking her meals or giving her a great big hug. Honestly, the greatest help we can give IS to kneel in prayer and offer our faith.

I have NO doubt that the Lord can heal and that miracles are still present here on earth. How blessed we are!

My kids have said the most beautiful prayers that have increased my testimony. They've often ended with four words that leave my soul cringing and begging for a rewind button so as to suck the words back in and never have them released again. These words are ones that we end every prayer with because I've honestly believed, up until yesterday, that, 'Thy will be done' is what I want.

When I think of all that, "Thy will be done,' encompasses I am sick! How weak an individual I feel because, my will be done is all that I WANT. Honestly, I'm okay right now with being weak as long as baby goes home and we all live happily ever after. Such an eye opening experience for me to come to a greater understanding of trusting in the Lord.

Today Katrina heads home with empty arms but a heart much fuller than it has ever been. Our family is busy fasting and praying for comfort to her and her hubby, and that baby Soren will continue to grow strong and each hour his lungs develop a little more.

Love you Aunt Kiki and Uncle Jon and sweet baby Soren!