Sunday, December 05, 2010

It's SUNDAY so SMILES 12/5

Wednesday morning Kenosha was hit with some flurries of snow. I smiled when I picked Anthony up from school and he collected the small amount of snow off the ground and threw a snowball at the van. The first snowball of the season is a smile!

One morning this week I was up with Matthias. He was struggling in his sleep so I decided to snuggle up next to him in his bed. His sleeping soon settled when out of nowhere I heard him giggling with delight. Smiles for a 3AM laugh while still asleep.

Saturday morning we woke up to some REAL snow. While I'm not eager to enjoy the snow this season I did smile when I saw my boys footprints all over the yard.

Look what size of hot chocolate mix we buy. That's right, we're a SUPER family!

Matthias knows what he wants and is rather comfortable taking care of business. If the pantry is open he will help himself to anything. I smile each time I see him drag the cereal box out and reach in with his little hands.

Kjel home on Sunday morning is definitely a smile. He's usually at church meetings all morning but today was a little different. It's great to have him with us.

We have our Christmas tree up! That's a smile in and of itself but if you look closely you can see that our tree is only partly decorated with ornaments. Having a little guy with quick fingers who showed me right from the start he has great removal skills is a smile. I love seeing our tree with a bare lower half.

I smiled Thursday night as Anthony and I sat on the couch hacking our lungs out, drinking honey infused herbal tea and chatted while we watched the tree shine. Neither one of us could sleep for coughing so we turned it into a party.
I smiled and squealed with delight when Wednesday morning my buddy, Heather, showed up at the Y to workout with me. I wasn't sure if she was going to make it or not but as I rounded the corner on the track I saw and her and I couldn't help but give her a great big hug and tell her how glad I was that she was there. SMILE!
This carpet on top of our carpet is a smile because you can't see what's underneath it! Matthias and I had an adventure this week that initially was not a smile! I do smile though at the fact that he's okay and that we can cover up the oopsie until we can permanently repair it.
I have big plans to blog about it but have not yet had time. Let me give you this little teaser though.

Each time I taunt my boys about Christmas presents I SMILE! I totally know what they're getting for Christmas and they don't! I am going to keep my mouth shut on this one. Can't wait to see their eyes and smiles Christmas morning.

I just saw this vid and I laughed and smiled because it's an exact representation of my life. So funny!