Let's clarify because I know every last one of you jumped on this post thinking.... WHAAAT?
I am NOT pregnant. Seriously, I'm not. So don't ask me. In fact, if you see me and think I might look pregnant just keep thinking it and see what happens in nine months. NOTHING will happen. I'm NOT pregnant.
That said, I'm starting to look pregnant. I've got this cute belly, well it would be cute if it were filled with a sweet baby, but it's not, so it's just flubby. Anyhow, something is up with my body and since I've spent a significant amount of time thinking about it I thought I'd share and dump so that I can move on.
I'm gaining weight. Not your standard run of the mill couple pounds at Christmas but the kind of weight a dump truck puts on after it's loaded. Seriously, no joking. In the last week I've pushed the scale up nearly 10 pounds. I'm an overachiever like that. Funny enough I'm accomplishing so much and I'm not even trying. That's a lie, I've been trying to change the scale. I'm trying really hard. I can now run 40 minutes straight and I can kick butt in a nasty workout class and salads and I are friends again. When I started to see the changes I doubled up my work outs. Two a days would solve this.... NOT.
So now I'm saying WHAATT?
For giggles I thought I'd schedule a doc appointment and see if he's got anything interesting to say about the sudden weight gain and other odd new abilities my body has figured out.
Our insurance switches to a high deductible as of 2011 so while I'd usually weight (yes, pun intended or I'd have spelled it correctly) this time I'm jumping on it so it will cost a little less when the doc shares with me what I already know.
Next post I promise will be cute Christmas pics and a vid of Nic ridiculously excited!!