This year we broke down and bought the kids a Wii for Christmas. It has been THE highlight of our vacation time together. There is no doubt in my mind the kids are happy about the gift they got. I have a really great vid of them unwrapping, but sadly I (my little sidekick) has misplaced my camera cord and I can't download the pics onto the computer to share. I'm sure the cord will show up someday.
Other news... I went to the doc and walked away frustrated with insurance. The good news is that in all reality it's only a little frustration. I kept thinking, 'What if my child were seriously ill or needed real attention? How would I figure out the cost of everything and what we really should do or not do?' I'm very thankful I don't have to worry about that. Because I'm so cheap I skipped the blood tests and decided to up my intake of Vit D, B6 and B12. We'll see if that helps and then if not I'll check back in next year sometime and maybe bite off the cost of blood tests. Good news here is that if I was really terribly miserably ill Kjel would have forced the tests so you don't have to worry. It's really not that bad.
In even other news I ran 4 miles this morning. It was a terrible four miles and each and every mile was miserable! How much fun is that? I did have some great tunes to listen to though.
Oh and happy New Year. I think I'm skipping New's Years Resolutions again this year. It worked out so well last year that I figure it deserves another go round.