Back at the beginning of December I lost my debit card at the grocery store. Remember this post? I waited the 7-10 days and my card did not arrive in the mail. No big deal, it's Christmas, postal workers are doing their best and sometimes these things take a little while. A week later I called and it was true, my card had been sent. I waited until after Christmas in hopes it would show up in my mailbox. Honestly, I mostly waited because I knew that as soon as I canceled it the card would show up and I'd only wish I had waited just a little bit longer. Well after the month turned to January I decided it was lost in transition and I really just needed to have another one sent.
I called, they canceled, they sent a new card.
Yesterday, low and behold what arrived in the mail?? A debit card. I was so pleased. Upon closer examination I realized it was Kjel's debit card. The card I ordered for him at the same time I placed my request.
The ever hopeful me felt with certainty that my card would arrive today. Today, in today's mail!
Nope!
I'm starting to think I'm no longer meant to have the convenience of sliding the magnetic strip through the card reader and answering yes to a barrage of questions. No, I will forever be weighed down by the bothersome ink and paper method that requires an additional person to affirm that my check is legit, additional id, additional looking at pages kept under the register drawer to make certain I haven't written a bad check in the past.
My most hilarious experience was at Kohls over Christmas when I was required to show two forms of ID. As if my Drivers License with my photo on it was not complete enough.
The only reason I'm complaining is that I've noticed in the past that when I complain things get better. I'm certain now that I've made a complete whining fool of myself my card will show up in the mail tomorrow.