Moments in time when
you wish you could take it all back.
you wish you could take it all back.
I'm not talking about the big stuff,
kneel down repent,
what a terrible mistake.
Today my focus is on the little dumb things I did as a kid. One of my cuties reminded me of my past stupidity when I looked at him in church and realized he'd one day remember the moment he did a dumb kid thing. More about later. First we must embarrass me.
When I was 5 I remember sneaking into my dads drawer and pulling out a very sharp surgical knife. My dad was once an ER nurse and we had a few odds and ends of this nature around our home. Of course Dad always put them in a safe place to protect us from getting hurt. He did not account for his snoopy daughter. I remember staring at the tool with such fascination. What does this do? I pulled the cover off and almost immediately cut my finger. Instantly blood came to the surface and I grabbed a tissue so as to not leave evidence of my whereabouts. There was NO way I was going to get caught for this one. I carefully placed the knife back in Dad's top drawer and ran to hide while my body went to work to stop the bleeding. As I child I remember thinking the blood was coming so quickly and wondered if it would stop. I don't remember it hurting at all I just remembering thinking, 'If I got caught, I'm in big trouble.' I never gave myself up. The bleeding stopped and as far as I know I got off the hook without anyone being aware of my discrepancy. Dad if you're out there reading, you're welcome to come to WI and punish me.
As a sixth grader I'm sure I should have had more brains but sadly I can claim moments of ridiculous stupidity. I remember letting my mom know I wanted my hair cut. I'm sure I must have told her twice in one day. I could only be so patient. She knew I wanted it chopped off. It's not like she was doing anything.
No worries, I've gained some patience
and a lot of understanding since sixth grade.
I woke up and was getting ready for school one morning and decided that I'd been patient enough. I was going to cut my hair before I left for school. I'm sure you can see where this is going. What you don't understand is that I have a very jaded perspective on life. I firmly believe that each one of us has a special natural talent that when we figure out will make us famous. This is why I sometimes take a leap to places I should not. See, I might have been an amazing hair dresser. A child prodigy just waiting to be discovered.
I chopped my hair off then headed to school.I know you're wondering why my mom didn't notice. I'll just defend her by saying, Do you know what your child wore to school this morning?
I remember being at school and feeling so excited about my new look. I had snipped off to just below my shoulders. At one point during the day I realized the cut was slightly (probably sickly) uneven. I borrowed scissors from my teacher and went to the bathroom to fix the angles.
Pause for a moment, is anyone else wondering why
my sixth grade teacher let me take scissors to the bathroom?
That night, sometime after dinner my mom took note of my work. No fame with this special talent. She ended up marching me upstairs to fix the mess I made. By the time she evened everything out my hair was about chin length. I LOVED IT! My poor Mom.
So when I share my discovery on my 9 year old you'll understand that this oddness runs in our family. He obviously gets it from his Dad. I'll have to chat with Kjel about that.
Yesterday while sitting in church I looked at my sweet angel Nic and noticed his eyebrows seemed discolored or odd shaped. I gently grasped his chin and pointed his face my direction. Upon closer evaluation I discovered that he had shaved parts of his eyebrows off. Not his entire eyebrows but odd sections. Oh, that dear sweet child. Thanks Nic for the comedy relief! Love you!