Sunday, May 01, 2011

sunday smiles 5/1

Anthony bought me an ice cream cone last night. It was fun to spend the evening smiling with him.

I smiled as I listened to  multiple people in my life take charge of their life and decide to make changes. Change is truly difficult. Smiles for those who are battling their wars.

These marker stained hands brought me smiles.
I love watching kids be kids.


This week I made BYU fleece blankets for Kjel and Anthony. 
Matthias helped to make them and HE smiled while he helped.

These cuties did some work the last few weeks scooping dog poop. 
They've been trying to raise money for science camp. 
It's a smile to see them work together and work hard.

I smiled when it warmed up enough to roll down windows in the van. Smiles for back vent windows that work! Smiles for living vicariously through everyone who has a sun roof and made good use of it this week. One day I will have a sun roof... smile!

Smiles for Isaak sitting on my lap in primary. I'm glad he finds me each week and spends some time being my buddy.

Smiles for time spent with a good friend.

Smiles for sunshine that is supposed to keep coming for the next few days.

Smiles for a good nights rest.

Smiles for a bike ride with my kiddo. Smiles for taking a walk as a family and playing at the park.


Smiles for text messages sent to me that brightened my day.


Smiles for Clayton having cavities filled! I knew you could do it!

Many years ago Kjel had a purple paisley silk shirt. I hated it. It was terribly ugly. One afternoon we were cleaning out the trunk of his car and it just happened to be there. I don't know how I convinced him to throw it away but at that moment the hideous creature left our lives forever. Since that time Kjel has hung over my head how much he loved that shirt. It was his favorite. Yesterday, I was buying some ties for Kjel and happened upon a purple paisley tie. I smiled when I saw it and snatch it up because I knew it would bring Kjel a smile. I also hoped he'd drop the garbage about his favorite shirt. Smiles for a tie.
 
For the record. I love this tie! I just couldn't stand an entire shirt out of this pattern. Also, I own more than one ugly shirt that Kjel finds repulsive but allows me to keep. That's because he's a better person than me