If you haven't figured it out by now let me spell it... I AM CHEAP! It's only because I stress out about money. It's not that we don't buy things around here. I have made my fair share of purchases and even an impulse by or ten. All things money (spending, saving, making) create for me inner turmoil. Because of this insanity I tend to be a little bit grinchy about spending cash.
Recently, I started making my own cleaners.
I really love these cleaners. I love that my kids could drink them and there would be no long term side effects. I love that the cleaners are simple to make and work wonderfully. I love that they cost pennies. I love that while I'm not intentionally trying to be more earth friendly, I get to be earth friendly.
I have not made my own laundry cleaner but I did try making my own dishwasher cleaner. The one I tried failed so we've shelved that idea for now.
I also started using tennis balls in my dryer. WHAT? Did you know you can use tennis balls in your dryer instead of dryer sheets? You can! My clothes have no static problems whatsoever. There is a bit of a clunking noise but the noise just makes me happy because it reminds me that I didn't have to buy dryer sheets. Very cool.