We have a white board that hangs in our house. I often find drawings or funny comments written on it by my boys. All of my boys, Kjel too! I smiled when I saw this train that Anthony drew on the board for Matthias.
I was out running errands and saw two missionaries on bikes. For just a moment I was transported back to Utah. I smiled when I saw them and then smiled even bigger when I remembered I'm not in Utah. I saw missionaries on bikes and I'm not in Utah.
Kjel's mom, for Christmas, sent me some vinyl to make a Family Home Evening chart. With Kjel's new tool we finally got around to cutting a board. This week I finished the project and got it up on the wall. I smiled when I completed the task because I did it!
I smiled the entire day of the fourth! We had such a great day.
I smiled last Sunday as Anthony and Kjel and I spent time fasting and praying to decide if Anthony should do online school. He was wait listed but the wait list was lifted and he now has the opportunity to attend WIVA, the online school Clayton will be attending next year. We don't have a firm answer yet. Smiles for the blessing of personal revelation.
Got a couple runs in this week. That's a smile.
Smiles for time spent doing yard work. Our yard is a far cry from finished but we're making progress and plans. I love making plans and I love yard work.
I smiled when I snuck away from the house to run errands, without kids, and stopped and got myself a treat.
Friday night the missionaries came over for dinner. I love having the missionaries for dinner. They shared a wonderful message with us about Christ making us whole and healing our wounds, not only our physical wounds at the time of resurrection but also those pains in our souls. I smiled when the missionaries called to check on the time for dinner. Kjel had signed us up, upon my request, but he and I get busy and he had forgotten to share with me which day they were coming. I think it made for a wonderful surprise though because I was having a bit of a rough morning and their phone call brightened the rest of the day.
I have a surprise I'm working on for my family, for Christmas this year. Not my kids and hubby but my sisters and mom. I'm really excited. Smiles for creating surprises.