This afternoon I was at a baseball game. I went to watch my sons friend play. It was a group of 7 and 8 year old's. So much fun.
I ended up waxing philosophical though.
When the game started I realized that I knew kids on both teams. I always have a difficult time deciding which team to cheer for so I end up cheering for all the kids. I'm not against competition and I don't believe in everyone winning all the time but it's always hard for me to see kids play hard, do their best, flop and then watch the crowd cheer.
It's not that everyone is cheering that the team is losing. It's just well, let me get to my point before I stumble over anymore words.
Picture this, kid up to bat hits hard, ball flies into the air, ball lands near kid at first base, kid at first base picks it up and tags the runner out. Crowd cheers like mad that kid at first base got an out. I was truly excited for kid at first base to get an out. I cheered and then this thought entered my mind, How often when I cheer someones success is there someone nearby that flopped? The flopper really was doing a great job! He was playing so well and I could see his excitement as he ran to first base.
Okay, enough about that.
Here's another thing I've been thinking about, I've been hearing a lot lately about super people. Everywhere I read there are these amazing people doing amazing things. They don't just do the ordinary stuff they do extraordinary. I think I'd like to read about ordinary people doing ordinary things. I'm hoping that there's a few people out there, like me, just doing ordinary and that's enough.
Hmmm....