Sunday, July 17, 2011

sunday smiles 7/17

Nic is jumping on the band wagon of funny things to say. On our way to church this morning we were listening to primary songs. I will follow God's plan, was playing. The final lines of the song are, "I will follow God's plan for me, Holding fast to His words and His love. I will work, and I will pray, I will always walk in his way."  From the back seat, Nic quips, "How rude! Why would you constantly get in his way." Silly boy, that's a smile, even if he was being a punk.

Kjel and I did some planting. One of our plants bloomed a flower. SMILE!

Matthias LOVES trains. I loved when I saw that he fell asleep watching train videos. So cute, can't help but smile.

Anthony is registered for online school. I smiled when I finally completed sending off all the information. I also smiled when I saw the registration information for our middle school and realized that I wouldn't be paying the registration fee this year! I think with that money I'm going to get cable for Cougar season so Kjel and the boys can catch all their games.

Kjel going back for thirds... SMILE. I made some salsa chicken the other night and Kjel loved it so much he went back for seconds and then to my surprise he had to have some thirds. I mentioned the other day that Kjel and I have been married for 16 years. Well, in that 16 years he's rarely, if ever gone back for seconds of my cooking. But last week THIRDS!

I smiled when I completed six days of exercise. I'm trying to be all strong and healthy. Most days I really fail at this but sometimes I get it right. I am getting stronger and the way I smell when I'm done with my workout is not what I'm talking about.
Speaking of a workout. I was running Saturday morning and near the end of my run the sky started sprinkling. Sprinkling is the wrong word. Every once in a while I'd get hit with a small drop of water. I actually love running in the rain. Secretly, I was hoping for a huge downpour. No luck, but I did make up my own scenario of angels in heaven dumping gatorade on me. Smiles for weird thoughts that got me back home. BIG smiles for a few drops of rain.

On Friday Kjel sluffed the last few hours of work and came home early. That's a smile. I love when he gets home early.

Smiles for a friend who got it when I needed it. Thanks!

Smiles for a husband who helps me do tough things. Thanks!

Smiles for summer fun and kids at home with Mom. How did I get so spoiled? I'm one lucky lady.

Today we found a show I used to love watching. Numb3rs. Anyone seen it? Kjel and I were die hard fans. At some point in our lives our relationship with the show ended. (serious die hard fans, right) I don't know if it went off the air or what. Today, Kjel was flipping channels and we came across an episode. We finished what was left of it and then jumped on Netflix to see if we could catch the old episodes. YES, we can and that's a smile.