Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Help

Because I purposely shut myself out of the world and have created a perfect bubble around myself I had never heard of the book or movie. The first time it was mentioned to me was when my cousin, Stacie, was in town and she suggested I read the book. She said the movie would be coming out so I figured I'd get around to it eventually. About a week later a friend at church approached me and suggested we check out the movie, The Help. The title rang a bell and I remembered Stacie suggesting I read the book. I had no idea there was so much hype around this book and movie. I just thought is sounded interesting and figured it was some time out with a friend... why not?

Well, fast forward and I've now seen the movie twice in the theatre. I'd even pay and go again. Which is saying a lot because I always wait for it to come out on DVD and then rent the vid as cheap as possible. This movie is WONDERFUL. I'm not very elegant with my words so I won't say much except you've got to see it! If you don't see the movie, you've got to read the book. I'll be picking up the book today at Target, $10. As soon as its in my hands I'm going to do a read-a-thon with the kids until I've got that baby finished.

Why?

I love the lessons I've learned as I've watched the movie. I've fallen in love with the characters. I want more! I'll let you know what I find out after I finish the book and get some sleep.