We hit Six Flags. I smiled all day long. I rode Superman. I was feeling brave and wanted to impress Anthony. I conquered it. I'd do it again. Seriously, scary and fun.
You can see that we got a little wet. It rained that day. Anthony isn't in this pic because he was at his first football practice, another smile.
Christmas came early at our house. Can I tell you how much I'm loving football. I have two boys that are so filled with excitement they can hardly function. I just love seeing their smiles. I smiled as I watched Isaak dig into this box.
I smiled when he tried on these bad boys.
I smiled when little guy wanted in on the fun.
I smiled when Isaak wouldn't take the pads off.
Smiles for the first football scrapes. Anthony is starting to look bruised. It rocks! Not that I want my kids bruised but scrapes and scratches have always to me meant you were having a good time living life.
Smiles for fitting the mouthguard to Isaak's teeth.
Anthony ready for practice. His smile is my smile.
Friday night the team had a scrimmage. It was great fun to watch. I'm such a silly mom I recorded every play Anthony was in. I won't bore you with all of them but check out this one.
Anthony in his jersey. He had pics on Saturday and came home looking like the real deal.
Summertime means helmets and popsicles. I smiled as I watched this orange popsicle drip down Matthias' shirt and leave a sticky mess.
Love when I find my boys taking naps together. Seriously, a smile.
This is still on my front door. Matthias did this coloring and I was certain Pops would clean it up. I smile every time I pull up to the house and see this artwork. I smile when I think about the fact that Kjel left it up even though it might possibly be driving him nuts.
Nic, Isaak, Matthias and I went to Discovery World. I love that place. The boys had a great time. I smiled when Nic decided to fly this dragonfly out his window on the way home. Look at that happiness in his eyes. Pure kid joy. Love when I catch them in those moments.
Matthias doing another popsicle moment. Hooray for summer popsicles.
I smiled my cheeks sore when I saw this van pull up. Clayton and Anthony had been away at scout camp and I had been missing my boys. Kjel joined them for the last few days and I was missing him too. When it got close to time for them to get home we camped out on the porch and waited. Big smiles for everyone home together.
This empty driveway was a BIG smile too. Kjel and I had 10 yards of dirt delivered. The pile was daunting when it first arrived and by the time we completed moving it to the many locations in our yard I was ready to throw in the towel. I was exhausted when we finally finished but I did have enough energy to drum up a smile and take a picture of our dirt free driveway.
A package came in the mail and this card brought me smiles.
Outside

Clayton and Anthony's curriculum for 8th and 7th grade has arrived. That was another big smile. So much of it is based on a classical education. I love classical education. It's going to be a great school year!
Here's a smile. Nic feel asleep in his closet. He was hiding from us, trying to finish another chapter in Harry Potter. Caught YOU!
We played kickball with some friends. Totally a smile. It was like being back in 6th grade. All the nerves and excitement and embarrasment when you miss the ball. Glad we got together and that even the adults joined in on the fun.
I smiled when I visited with some primary kids. I love working with kids and today we got to make some visits. Those kiddo's are such a joy.
I smiled when I bought myself an MP3 player. Found one for $10. Saturday morning I took it for a run and it worked great!
I found a bike for Clayton on craigslist. Love craiglist. Totally a smile. Paid $20 and it's in great condition.
Smiles for a cookbook with delicious recipes. Loving this new cookbook. So far the entire family has liked the recipes I've made. I think we have a winner.
BIG, HUGE smiles for Kjel and his weight loss. You rock baby!













