Found this picture on my phone and immediately smiled. Love my cousin and her family. Big smiles for time together.
The boys built a bike ramp. We didn't have much wood on hand and later we found out that we ruined a jig that Kjel had created for shelving he was making- oops. I smiled watching them jump and crash and just love summer moments.

See that awesome pink bike in the above pic? That's Clayton's Susan G. Komen for the cure bike. We bought it off Craigslist for a killer price. SMILE! This week we took the entire bike apart and we've painted it blue. It's not that Clayton doesn't want to support a great cause it's just he's not too keen on riding a pink bike. The above picture is not Clayton though. It's Isaak, he loved the pink bike. I had not yet repaired his bike tire and Clayton was kind enough to let him try the jump out with his bike.
Speaking of bikes, Isaak has popped two tires in the last three weeks. He's also worn his tred completely thin. I smiled as I changed his tire and tube. I just love that he's my crazy kiddo.
Chatting with my sister-in-law this week is a smile. I could talk to her all day long. Thanks, Anita.
I know this is going to seem like a crazy smile. I have ants in my house. I've tried a few options asking them to leave but they really like it here. I smiled though when I saw that they are taking care of keeping the floor clean. Why would I throw out such great helpers?
Football injuries-- totally a smile. Love these scrapes and bruises.
Grass stains- smile. Hooray for playing hard.
This view from my backyard brought me smiles.
This week we had an orientation meeting for K12-WIVA. I was so very nervous. My stomach is in knots. I have full confidence this will be wonderful but I get a little anxiety at moments and this one had me stressed. I smiled though when I instantly felt comfortable with the teacher. Her smile and face shape were just like my good friend Lynne's. How could I not feel perfectly safe with Lynne sitting right there chatting with me? Smiles for little moments that bring peace.
I forced Kjel to Chicago! Huge smiles for me... small smiles for him. The boys and I took him to the Science and Industry Museum. He loved the museum. He didn't love the drive to or the fact that on the way home I accidently took him to Indiana. I got a little turned around. No worries, it added to the adventure.
My boys at the museum is definitely a smile. Clayton was there, just not in this pic. He was up checking out the chemistry displays. We checked out the trains while Kjel checked out U-505.
I bought him, with his money, a ticket to tour inside of the submarine. He loved it. He texted me this picture of the sub with the message, Thanks and a smile. His smile is my smile.
Normally, wasted food does not bring me smiles but seeing all these biscuits that popped open on their own just gave me a little giggle.
I smiled when I did a 1 mile MS walk. It was wonderful to chat with friends and just spend some of Saturday morning without my cute kiddo's. I was all kinds of silly and it was nice to be with these awesome ladies. I also loved that it was a walk! SMILE.
Summer bike rides with all my boys is a smile. I love cool evenings with nothing to do.
Summer bike rides with all my boys is a smile. I love cool evenings with nothing to do.
I drove to Chicago again. Boo Yah! I am that awesome. Even my accidental trip to Indiana didn't keep me from taking the kids to Lincoln Park Zoo. The Zoo was fun, the adventure was great. Considering the zoo is free, it was a great zoo. Not top of my list. We have now officially done the downtown Chicago zoo. I loved that the kids had a great day with their friends and I got to chat it up with my friend when we weren't chasing our kids.
I smiled when this gorilla came and chatted it up with the kids. He came running toward Isaak and I was sure thankful there was something keeping him from getting any closer. We could have spent hours watching the gorilla's. It was fascinating.
Here's my crew. We brought Isaak's friend with us.
Matthias is in his destructive years, I think these last until they leave the house, anyhow, he broke this bottle. See where the top is disconnected from the long flat piece? Kjel was frustrated and I stepped in to iron things out. I just knew I could repair the break. Kjel wasn't so certain but he let me try. I smiled as I glued the pieces back together. I felt such confidence. Today I happily picked up the bottle certain I had repaired the damage. I pushed down on the nozzle and immediately my perfect job was destroyed. I smiled when it broke because it made me think of all the times Kjel has suggested something won't work but let me be my stubborn self and try anyway. One day I'll learn to listen, but then we won't get to end up in cool places like Indiana. I do know how I'm going to fix this bottle. I'm going to buy a new one and replace the lid. Then when he's used up this older bottle I'll put the lid on the new bottle. Yup, I done used my brain and Kjel will never know I didn't make the repair!
My sisters house lived through hurricane Irene. That's a smile.










