Sunday, September 04, 2011

first day of school

This year our first day was different. I sent two off to school and kept three at home. Nic and Isaak were partially excited to go to school. They wanted in on what Clayton and Anthony are up to this year. I did the school pics and gave them huge hugs and then we hopped on our bikes and rode to school. My heart sank as I watched them chain their bikes and then run to find their line-up spot. I wasn't sure if I could leave them. I really just wanted to bring them back home to spend one more day with me. I knew that if I suggested it that they'd come running back so I just held my tongue and let them grow-up.

Isaak getting ready. I hate his glasses. He's gone the entire summer without them and I wish I could have sent him to school with his sweet face not hidden by those frames.

Nic ready to go.

Anthony getting ready to drop brothers off at school and then do PE class.

Matthias thought he was going to ride this to drop brothers off.
But, I'm going to stick him in this for as long as possible because I LOVE having him ride with me.
 
locking up the bikes


Clayton spent the morning walking on the treadmill and Anthony and I took a long bike ride. To finish up PE we did some wind sprints, jumping jacks, push-ups and sit-ups. We then jumped into the first day of online school. It proved to be exciting and tricky. We'll get the hang of this and I can already tell I'm going to have a wonderful year. I hope my boys do too.