Friday, October 28, 2011

frost on the ground

I woke up this morning and the entire world around me is covered with frost. The kids were ecstatic. I was scared. Winters here are really tough. I can wrap up so warm and snuggle into blankets but my mind plays tricks on me and even though it's warm around me my inner soul is cold and weary. I need sunshine and warmth and just thinking about the coldness appearing brings my smiling lips on a downward curve. This week has been tough. Lots going on, lots to take care of, lots to feel stupid about. Mostly, I'm just hormonal because I've been blessed with a uterus. Weeks like this one are tough. I should go down stairs and run on the treadmill but I think I'll continue eating WAY to many sugary calories in hopes of inducing a happy coma. I realize I'll come down off this ride and feel like I've got a hangover, (i have no idea what that actually feels like) but it might work for a few days and then Kjel can pick up the pieces like he usually does. What would I do without that guy? So glad I'm spoiled and have him to fix the broken. Love you babe.