Sunday, January 08, 2012

smiling

There have been many smiles the last few weeks. I've not been keeping them here mostly because many of them I cannot capture. My camera on my phone is dead and while I could purchase a new phone I have other things on my list that keep winning. My mom and dad sent me their old phones but alas, they were on a Verizon plan and Verizon doesn't have a SIM card and thus my T-mobile won't translate. Oh well. If anyone has a cell phone they don't use but takes pictures and calls I'd love to take it off your hands.

I was scrolling through pics on my camera though and realized that it is filled with smiles so I thought I'd share what I have documented.

Yesterday, I was at a baptism for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I love that because I work with the primary kids I get to be at so many of these beautiful ordinances.
We were singing the closing song when this sweet little boy made his way over to his mom and announced with his quiet child voice (you know what this sounds like right?) "I want to sit on Mommy's lap!" His mom quickly wrapped her arms around him and pulled him onto her lap. I smiled in my heart as I thought about the love that children have for their parents and the love that parents can choose to share with their kids.

On Thanksgiving I finished the last of the cookies and cream ice cream. Everyone else had dished up their pie and I decided to see if there was any ice cream left. I smiled when I opened the container and saw that there was some I could scrape out of the bucket and enjoy.

Isaak chose to be baptized. I smiled while I spent time that day just watching him. He is such a sweet boy and I love that he's in my family.

It snowed. I smiled as I watched this one play outside enjoying this new wonder in his life. We've only seen snow twice this winter. No complaining here, just feels weird. I'm okay with feeling weird. I'm glad that I got him one outside, on one of the days, so he could enjoy the cold beautiful flakes.

I know I shouldn't let him play with drinking fountains but he's just so darned cute when he does. I can't keep him from this joy.

I made an apron. I smiled as I completed the project because my Grandmother Nina, for many years, made Christmas aprons for all of her family. I love that I did a Grandma thing and made a Christmas apron for someone I love. If you look close you can see Isaak in his red football jersey hiding at the bottom of the picture.

Anthony is a die hard BYU Cougar fan. He has a little bit of a rivalry going with his YM's leader. Bro. Meadows is a Utes fan. Bro. Meadows and Kjel both work at Discover Card and sometimes they carpool together. Poor Bro. Meadows, every time he parks his red car near our house he comes back to some surprise. Here is the most recent attack.

I made a quilt! Can you believe it? I still can't believe it. I can't believe how much fun it was and I can't believe I did it!

I love this Christmas list that Isaak wrote. This is Isaak making a list of what his Dad wants for Christmas. Top, number one is "Pes and Qwiyit", Peace and Quiet. I think Isaak knows what his Pops is looking for.

I have something growing at my house. This is a real plant. Now comes the smile. I bought a bag of onions and while they were sitting in my pantry one started growing. I decided that I wanted to help it grow so I took it out of the bag and planted it in some soil. Look at the beautiful green growing. I just love seeing it each morning. I don't know what happens when you plant an onion that's already grown and is ready for consumption but hey, it's not hurting anyone and it's bringing me smiles.

After living here for over 3 years I have finally put the correct pack numbers on all the boys scout shirts. That's an accomplishment to smile about.

I talked with my sisters this week. Long telephone conversations that brought me joy. I love my sisters.

It feels good to smile.