Last night I was chatting with the one that's been by my side for 16 years. Sometimes it's hard to find time to chat with just us. I really relish those moments when we can sneak some time for each other.
This morning I was dropping Clayton off at Seminary and on the short drive home I flipped the radio on and heard the song, God Gave Me You, by Blake Shelton.
You know, I'm not so sure marriage is a perfect institution when you're working with two imperfect people. I've read blogs that have left me wondering if somehow my spouse and I are failing each other. Maybe, we aren't perfect soul mates or a match made in heaven? I can't read his mind and he has no idea what's going on in mine. Even after 16 years together we still disagree. Hard to believe but, there are nights we fall asleep frustrated with our obnoxious companion. I've come to the conclusion that we're imperfect and we're going to just keep chugging together in this mess we call life. We will fail each other, we will fall with each other but we'll do it with each other. Love you babe!