Most of my smiles this week are about the sunshine. There's something about the warmth coming back into my daily life that just instantly brings me a smile. We've had an unbelievably mild and beautiful winter but alas, I still missed the sun.
Look at the sun just pouring in through my bedroom window.
The temperature one of the days this week.
Yup, I spent some time this week driving with my window unrolled. That's a smile.
Anthony is working on a research paper and I sat down to help move him through the process. This is what he had typed so far. I'm really looking forward to the research behind his thesis statement.
How can you not smile when you get to sleep next to an angel?
I smiled all week as I dried fruit. I finally got my dehydrator and I'm just loving all the yummy stuff I can make. At this point I have little to show for it because the kids eat it as fast as I dry it but at some point I will have a surplus to store.
Matthias set these blocks up in this order. I'm smiling because my boy speaks Spanish. I've got another genius on my hands.
Yesterday, was the Pinewood Derby. I smiled when I spent the entire time chatting with super fun ladies in my ward. This is the first time I've ever wanted the event to run a little bit longer. I know I should have been up taking pics and cheering but, I put Kjel in charge of that. After all, I've been attending the derby since 2006 and one year I got to got twice. Been there, done that, I really need a t-shirt.
I smiled this week as Kjel teased me. He goes through stages of really pushing it to rarely joking with me. I prefer the joking side of him. He's twisted every. single. word. I've said and turned into something just plain hilarious. Makes for lots of laughs and lots of smiles.
I'm smiling right now because we're almost all healthy.
Kjel: slight sore throat
Me: 100%
Clayton: some boogers
Anthony: some boogers
Nic: 100% (this kid has a killer immune system, made it through without a day of yuck)
Isaak: 100%
Matthias: 100%
4 out of 7 at 100% that's extremely great odds, the others are only harboring slight leftovers. We're in the clear... knocking on wood right now...





.jpg)