Monday, March 19, 2012

sunday smiles

Today, is my sister's birthday. She's extremely old. Not as old as me but she's getting up there! Happy Birthday Katrina!

I picked meds up for Anthony last Monday. When the pharmacist handed them to us she said, "Take two in the morning and two in the evening." Anthony immediately started complaining. "TWO! TWO!" I started in. "I think you can handle two. You'll be just fine! Quit being a wuss." "But, two! That's so early." Big smiles from my face and immediate laughing. "Um, not two in the morning, like getting up at two o'clock, but take two pills in the morning." Instant relief, such a silly boy.

I was certain we were all going to church together yesterday. I even proclaimed my excitement to the kids. "After two months of partial attendance our entire family will be at church today, together, taking up way too many seats." Within the hour, Nic had thrown-up and Clayton was complaining about his stomach hurting. Oh well, we have next week. Smiles for being hopeful.

Boys running around in the backyard. I love to watch Matthias chase them. Isaak and Anthony are back to playing football all afternoon. It's such a joy to see them outside running and chasing and tackling.

This gorgeous sunrise. I know the picture mostly shows the side of my van. That's because I held my phone backwards out the window while I drove and took the picture. Look at the sun coming up! I was bathed in the most beautiful light.


I came home Wednesday night and Kjel had the windows open in our room. It felt like I'd entered a magic kingdom. I love hearing outside while I sleep at night. That morning I woke to birds chirping. The birds are coming back. I've gotten to listen to them every morning as I've taken Clayton to seminary. I love the sounds of spring.

Trip to the muddy park means splashing puddles. He loves puddles. I love that he's a kid and searches out the splashes.

Saw this fabric at the church. The Young Women were making something and this is one of the fabrics they had to choose from. Instant smile. Just love the colors and design. I've got to get me some of this.

Nic's choir concert is at the end of next month and I'm really looking forward to listening to him. I love hearing him sing. This morning I smiled as I thought about getting to be at his concert.

I bought watermelon at the store. It was not delicious ripe (i figured it wouldn't be, a little too early still) but it was still yummy and brought me smiles. I love to eat watermelon. I love how it makes a big mess all over my kids and they eat it in the summer while they run around in the sunshine. It's just a perfect food.

Some little monkey is leaving footprints in my flower beds. This Saturday, that monkey is getting a sandbox so he'll stay out of my dirt! I have to say though, I just smiled my head off when I saw he took the dirt path over the grass. Such cute little feet.

Check out the temp! It's been an absolutely gorgeous week.

Clayton had a piano competition on Saturday. It was a tough one but I've smiled as I've listened to him prepare. Saturday, morning I smiled as I listened to him warm-up before we left. He's really struggled with one of the songs. He can play it perfect with the music in front of him but it's 10 pages long and the memorization has been tricky. I love to see my kids conquer and by conquer I mean hold on for dear life and just try with all their might!

This morning I ran for 15 minutes. I'm slowly working back up to something, not sure what but something.