I'm supposed to be on the treadmill right now. I'm seriously looking for excuses. Being pregnant is not a good enough excuse. I have a lot to do before this baby comes and I can't allow my body to go all soft on me. I remember feeling this way when I was pregnant with Isaak. He and I made a deal that he could not be born until his brothers were done with whatever sport they were playing. I think it was t-ball but I'm not sure, it might have been soccer. No worries, I've got pics of whatever sport they were playing. Anyhow, I hauled my butt to ever single game. Kjel was working or going to school at night? I can't remember, but he wasn't able to make it 95% of the time so it was my job. I was insistent that the child could not be born until we were done. Isaak was very obedient and did not join us until after the final game. He actually gave me about 2 weeks past that point.
Well, having more kids means having more to do before the new family member decides to take up space outside of my body.
Clayton will be working on his Eagle project this summer. The kids and I have an awesome trip to Nauvoo planned. We're hoping Kjel can join for some of it but well, we'll see. I've got an entire summer of entertaining the kiddo's while they're all at my feet, out of school. Because baby is due in October I'm going to try to get all my Christmas done prior to due date so that I can just sit back and watch the little one grow. I'm not saying we're putting up the tree end of September. I just don't know what it's going to be like to add number 6 and then try to do all the holidays with a little tiny one. And I think I need to potty train Matthias before baby arrives.
Speaking of potty training. I've tried twice now. I'm really awesome at quitting. Matthias just doesn't care. On Tuesday he pooped in the potty and we all ran around cheering him on and singing praises. When you asked him what he did, he wouldn't even register your question and just continued chatting about the toy he was playing with or the food he wanted to eat. He did NOT even care that he had accomplished pooping in the toilet. I'm thinking the kid has to at least get a little excited before this will work. I spent all day Monday putting him on the toilet every 10 minutes. He even spent 4.5 hours sitting on the toilet naked while he watched movies and I read to him. He's happy to sit on the toilet he just doesn't care to do anything with it. I'm thinking a little more time and then try again?
So back to my original topic. I think I need to get off my butt and get a workout done. I'm starting to gain weight, which I recognize I'm supposed to do, but I'd like to thwart off my usual 50-80lbs and keep it on the lighter side so I can get through this summer of fun.