When I was a kid I loved to flip my bike upside down and turn the pedals. I'd just sit and watch the back wheel spin and get lost in my imagination. Sometimes, I would think about inventing something that changed the world. Other times, I was a mechanic working on an important persons bike. I couldn't stop grinning and reminiscing as I watched these two playing with the bike.
We have air soft guns. I love to watch the boys play together. It's a bit of an oxymoron though because they are "killing" each other but they look they're having fun. This week's injury was a shot to the head. It left a good mark on Nic. Although, it kind of looks like a zit.
Is there anything better than having a younger brother push you around? Smiles for team work and happy times outside.
Isaak decided to help me taxi Anthony to violin. After we dropped Anthony off we ran a few errands and then sat in the parking lot and waited for Anthony to finish. Isaak had brought the basketball so he jumped outside and started playing. It just so happens that the open window to a vehicle makes a great hoop. Smiles for his creativity.
I was outside just sitting and I could smell summer! It was a mix of garden hose water and warm sunshine with a touch of grass. perfection. I wonder if Bath and Body has a lotion in this scent?
The milk that's had Fruit Loops in it, is the best milk. Just watching this little one sucking the milk out of his bowl had me smiling for hours. So cute.
Kjel suggested I take his car to run the boys to Target to pick up a couple of things. Driving his car instantly transformed me into a High School kid. I realize it's not a sports car or anything fancy but it's got kick and it's not a van! I smiled driving around town, feeling young and reckless.
My cousin's boys would love this playground! When I saw the sign I couldn't help but think of her boys skating all over the area. It made me happy to think of them at a playground near me, having fun.
Thursday afternoon Matthias sneaked out of the house. He was only missing for a moment but my heart was instantly in terror. Anthony found him in the side yard. Matthias LOVES being outside. I had a quick conversation with him about not leaving without letting me know and then I told him that he needed to ask. He kindly turned to me and said, "Mom, please play outside?" Yup, he's got me wrapped around his finger. I put some shoes on and grabbed my favorite magazine, Guideposts, and headed outside with him. I'm so glad I did because I got to sit in the rain. It wasn't a heavy rain just a small gentle rain. I think I was the first thing in Kenosha to get kissed by a raindrop, that day. When we first we're outside it wasn't raining. I was reading and then gently my finger was kissed by the rain. Just one drop. There were no signs of rain anywhere else near the ground. I just sat and smiled and thought about the magic of sitting outside in the rain. I couldn't not take a picture of my magazine kissed.
Everywhere I go I have a buddy. He's a happy, content, sweet buddy and I love that he's with me.
I also have the cutest laundry in the entire world. Monday morning is when everyone dumps their laundry in the hall so it can be cleaned. Matthias brought himself. My favorite laundry ever.
I had a regular OB visit. Baby is growing and doing great. Mom on the other hand is shrinking! That's right at my last appointment the doctor told me I'd lost weight! I've NEVER lost weight during a pregnancy! NEVER! In fact, I always find it. I blame eating right and exercise. I'm not exercising crazy, just 46 minutes a day. I'm eating 5 fruits/ veggies each day, drinking more than 64 ounces of water each day and trying to make good decisions about what goes into my mouth. I feel awesome! It's not easy but my body feels so much better. Doc isn't worried about the weight loss. He says, no big deal. Baby is healthy and growing!
Summer=outside=injuries. I'm definitely a "chicks dig scars" kind of girl. Isaak has been walking around with this nice shiner ever since his brother's elbow met up with his face. It was completely unintentional for the two to meet but I love that they were outside playing, in the sun, having fun.
This week was the final week of early morning Seminary. I no longer have to get up to drop Clayton off at 6AM. He's sad that Seminary is over for the year but I'M so EXCITED to sleep in another hour!









