I woke on the wrong side of the bed. Terribly ornery (for no reason whatsoever) this morning. Terribly ornery. I've snapped at every kid, crumb, responsibility that's crossed my path. When I dropped Clayton off at school he politely wished me well and said, he hoped I'd get feeling better. I should have thanked him but when he closed the door I just grumbled under my breath. See... so ornery.
I flipped on the radio and hated the song playing. So loud, so obnoxious. I immediately shut it off and started listing in my mind what was expected of me today. What I expected of me today. After a few seconds I tried the radio again and was blessed with the song, Come To Jesus by Chris Rice. I've loved this song since the first time I heard it. I'm hoping that the song and the prayer I then gave asking for my heart to be softened and my strength and courage to be increased, will be enough to change the ornery that is trying so hard to take over and ruin our day.