While I was walking, this shining sun guided my way. I couldn't help but smile when I walked directly into its light. It just encompassed me and I was thankful for the sun.
While on this walk I saw a chalk drawn hopscotch that spanned two front yards. It started at the number 1 at went through to the number 113, then there was a home square. I spent a good 15 minutes thinking about the kiddo's that must have drawn this with such glee. I can only imagine the smiles they had as they created the perfect hopscotch and then played with each other.
I also saw a grandma and grandpa outside with their granddaughter. She had them following her through the backyard. It looked like a game of follow the leader. The grandparents were right behind her with every silly action she did. It was a joy to see a moment of happiness.
The smell of flowers blooming, the sounds of children playing, seeing others walking/biking/running, bbq parties, neighbors chatting, a "just married" sign on a truck --- and all in less than an hours time.
Matthias spent one day wearing this elastic band. He wanted to look like his big brother, Anthony. Anthony wears an Autism Awareness wristband, everyday. It was cute to see little guy following a good example.
The boys unloaded the dishwasher and created a nice tower in the cupboard. Smiles for their help and their creation.
Kjel took the boys camping. That by itself is a smile... even if nothing else wonderful had happened. BUT... of course camping means TONS of fun. The Father's and Sons camp out this year was in a great location. Look at that gorgeous lawn begging for kids to play some football. Check out Anthony... totally a smile.
Isaak with the ball and a huge smile.
I don't know what these two are up to but I don't care, look how happy they are! Nic was the first to greet me when they got home. He told me all about playing in the dark and chasing each other and all the yummy food and the man in the tent next to theirs that snored like a warthog and, and, and... it was a magical time for my boys and I'm so glad Kjel created these memories for them.
Clayton eating a hot dog. That's important camping food.
Anthony was our family patrol cook. It was his job to plan the meals and then prep the goodness and assign tasks. I'm guessing Kjel got a lot of the assignments but I'm also sure Anthony helped? Kjel and Anthony are going to make camping donuts for us on Monday night. Yum!
Saturday afternoon I caught this scene. Look at Isaak, asleep during the day! This just doesn't happen. That kid never slows down. I'm thinking a late night playing with friends, and an early morning because the world of camping wakes you up with birds and animal sounds at 4:30, tuckered this cutie out! It may have been what lead to his dad needing a nap too? Matthias got forced into the nap when I'd listened to him throw a few too many tantrums. Smiles for good times!
Since the older boys went camping I took Matthias to the museum to see the train display. I couldn't help but smile as I stared at this kid. This weekend the museum had a large amount of model trains on display. I've had it on my calendar for months. I just knew little guy would LOVE watching the trains. We spent an hour and a half looking at trains. He was in heaven. It was fun to see his eyes of wonder and happiness. He spent most of Saturday telling his dad and brothers about the trains.
I smiled when I saw this miniature fort. I love tree forts. I want my own tree fort. Something about hiding in leaves close to clouds... smile.
Just look at that goofy grin. One of his brothers was playing with my camera and took this pic. When I loaded pics onto the computer I came across this picture and a bazillion pictures of lego's. I think my baby is growing up.
I was inside working on something and happened to look out the window and see Kjel watering my flowers. It brought me smiles.
The little ones were insistent on washing Dad's car on Monday. It was threatening to rain but they needed something to do and they didn't care that it would soon be undone. I smiled as I watched their team work and smiled as I thought about how completely spoiled I am.
















