It's been a wonderful week. I was worried it might not be but I was wrong. Monday, was the last day of school which meant Tuesday was our first official day of summer. I always find myself with extra anxiety when the school year comes to a close and then again when school starts back up. Everything always ends up okay so I try to calm my nerves and just live. My nerves usually get the upper hand and kick my butt. They were working over time the final days of school. Tuesday morning I woke up and felt ready to take on Summer. This week has been magical and I'm looking forward to the many days and weeks ahead with my kids right by my side.
Last Sunday I came downstairs to find this note on the bathroom door. It seems if you can't unclog you can at least warn everyone that the toilet is not functioning. I was grateful for the warning.
Monday morning Clayton made pancakes for everyone. He had school that day but woke early enough to make pancakes for his brothers. It's great to have thoughtful big kid helpers. His brothers loved their breakfast that morning.
Monday afternoon I went through the stuffed full backpacks and came across this letter that Isaak had written. I was filled with happiness. He initially had a hard time deciding which of his great-grandpa's to send the note to but ended up going with his Great-Grandpa Darrel, who he's named after. The letter reads:
Dear Great Grandpa,
You are inspiring me to work in the army. Because the army is so good to be in. I think you are my hero because you used to fight in the World War II.
Love, Isaak.
I had to know it was going to be a good week. Look at this cutie with his guns and boots. I'm smiling.
On Tuesday Isaak and his friends presented Summer Rock 2012. Best rock concert I've ever attended. (the truth is I've never been to a rock concert) Isaak played his guitar and his friends did drums, vocals and electric piano. It was a fun evening. Lip syncing at its finest. I couldn't help but smile the entire night as I watched the kids and thought about how they were feeling and the great dreams they were going to have. It was a magic childhood moment.


I made some strawberry jam and the kids are eating it like candy. It certainly has enough sugar in it to be considered candy! I loved this kiddo's face after his PB&J sammy. I think he likes the jam.


I bought 50lbs of fresh from the farm peaches and we've eaten all kinds of goodness. This week I'll be making some jam and freezing some of the fruit so we can eat it all winter long.

After a library trip we stopped at the park and played. Watching my three boys on the slide together is absolutely a smile. They had such a great time. I'm glad I didn't go with my initial plan to skip the park. I would have truly missed out on some fun.

Clayton spent 3 days at Youth Conference this week. I missed him. By the first evening I wanted to run and pick him up but knew he was probably having a great time so I held myself down and let him enjoy his freedom and fun. He arrived home yesterday, exhausted but filled with smiles. He had a wonderful time. I'm glad he has so many memories and that he's home safe with us.
Friday I took the kiddo's swimming with a few friends. It was SUCH a FUN day. We spent several hours at the pool. The kids had a great time. I followed Matthias around in the water and out of the water and in the water and out. I slept well that night! Silly Matthias wanted to go down the water-slide. He was not tall enough. Try explaining that to a stubborn 2 year old. At least 8 times we walked over to the slide stairs so he could make his dreams come true. I just laughed as I followed him. No matter how obstinate he was there was no winning his way. He was heart broken. Honestly, I would have loved to send him down. I think he would have freaked out but also would have had a blast. Isaak made new friends all over the pool. Every time I looked for him he was with someone new, having fun, playing football in the pool, chasing, swimming, laughing, smiling. Nic felt like it was a little bit too cold to be swimming and spent a lot of the time in and out of the water trying to stay warm. He's got no fat on him so I'm certain he was cold. I'm glad he held out though so we could stay as long as possible. The friends we had with us were super fun and I'm glad they could come along. It's always fun to share happiness.
Kjel was spoiled for Father's Day. His boys got him Packer's floor mats for his car and a Packer's license plate cover. He's excited to show his Green Bay pride. This week Kjel was handed a couple of gift cards of appreciation from his boss. With those cards he decided to buy a charcoal grill. The entire family was on board with this purchase. I love seeing this guy smile.

While Kjel put together his grill Matthias played in the rain. I felt blessed that we got some rain. I love the sound, smell and feel of rain. I just stood in the garage and took in the happiness that was falling down from the sky. I was glad little guy was enjoying the goodness too.

We, of course, ate burgers for dinner. Even the youngest partook of the goodness which came forth from the grill. Look at the size of that burger.
The little one growing inside of me is starting to take up space. She's wiggly and fun. I'm 24 weeks done. I'm glad I have a constant companion to share my love and thoughts and feelings with. I chat at her all the time about the goodness of the world. I have much to be thankful for.




