Wednesday, June 20, 2012

#3

Remember, years ago when I sat in my chair and wrote beautiful words about my dear son that was growing inside of my body? Remember how I was filled with complete joy to get to have another child? I still remember laying on my bed with my hands placed on my belly, teaching myself relaxation techniques for when his day of birth arrived. I remember months of joy and some discomfort as I awaited.
Yesterday, we celebrated his 3rd birthday. I can hardly believe that much time has passed. I can also hardly believe that it's only been 3 years. So many experiences how could they squeeze into just 3 short years?

The night before his birthday we made the cake. He helped crack the eggs and dump all the ingredients into the bowl. He even was willing to help with cleaning the beaters. As were a few others.



Nic helped me out and wrapped the gifts for Matthias. You can see that he did a great job. We didn't have the usual wrapping tape so he went with green painters tape. I think it worked perfect.

Nic has a build-a-bear that he's loved for years. This bears name is Pirate. Matthias has had his eye on Pirate for a long time. This year Nic wanted to give Matthias something special so he gave him Pirate. You can see Matthias was instantly in love.

Here is Perry the Platypus or as we lovingly call him in this form, Perry the Platy-cake. Look Matthias is halfway dressed! We've come a long way.

Little guy stuck the candles on the cake. I loved listening to his brothers tell him where to place them and then watch him comply.


Look at that 3-year old.


Blowing out candles. We re-lit the candles and let him go at it again. He just loved this part so much.

See that red dot on his face. The story behind it is hilarious. It happened weeks ago but he's a picker and can't leave the scab alone. Look at that happy smile though. He's welcome to pick his scabs.

Present from mom and dad. It's inside a diaper box. He was so cute when he got the paper off. He instantly said, with a super happy voice, "Diapers." I think he likes diapers?

Inside was some tools and diggers for his sandbox. We've been working hard, as a family, making Matthias a sandbox. It's almost done. We wanted it completed so he could play in it on his birthday but it's been a little too hot for this pregnant lady to be outside finishing the project. This Saturday he'll get to enjoy his sandbox.


I think he had a great day. We spent a few hours at the lake. He loved the water and the playground. I followed him around and just enjoyed his happiness. I'm seriously spoiled.

Matthias has brought absolute joy to entire family. When I say entire family I mean every single one of us is completely taken by his every move. He is spoiled and I'm certain he's rotten. Although, he's the cutest rotten punk I've ever met. We just love him. I'm thankful he joined our family and brought us a level of joy we'd have never known without him.