Sunday, August 19, 2012

smiles

It's been a great week of finishing up projects. Completing a project is definitely a smile.

First up, I finished the quilt I've been making. It's in the mail and being shipped to my cousin for her birthday. I love my cousin, Stacie. I love all my cousins. I'm kind of attached to Stacie. I think we were separated at birth. Even though there's a bit of an age difference. I often find myself thankful that we're down on earth at the same time. Our souls speak to each other. We just understand each other and we don't even have to say anything. So anyhow, the quilt is made from fabric that came from my Grandmother Nina. I took a dress of hers that I owned and cut it into squares and then took two fabrics that came from her collection and cut those into squares. The colors aren't necessarily a perfect match. However, when I see the fabrics together, although not perfect, they perfectly remind me of Grandma. Stacie, like so many others, loves Grandma Nina.

Working on this quilt was a gift for me. Each time I touched the fabric memories of my Grandma filled my mind and heart. I was lifted away to another time when Grandma was on the Earth. I thought of her goodness and her impact in my life. She is truly a beautiful woman. When I wasn't thinking of Grandma I was thinking about Stacie and how much I love her and how much she loves Grandma. I just couldn't touch this project without feeling love and peace. I'm truly spoiled.


I stitched the quilt together with yellow thread because yellow is sunshine and Grandma was always finding sunshine, even in the rain clouds.

Look how cute he is wrapped up in the quilt. 

Another finished project this week was Clayton's Eagle Project. This really deserves it's own post so I'll just say that when we finished on Saturday there was a very big smile on my face. I smiled because with the help of our community, Clayton was able to help several kids have a backpack and school supplies for this year. I also smiled because this woman is DONE with one Eagle. One down, four to go!

We've spent a lot of time in the van this week. Lots of errands and drop offs and just stuff. At one point I was sitting in the van and realized we had a ton of trash just occupying space so I started collecting all the garbage to throw away. I found a napkin sitting behind my steering wheel and went to toss it in the pile. I flipped it over and noticed that it had a big ole, goofy, smiley face drawn on it in permanent marker. I knew that it was a work of art from Anthony and I couldn't help but smile. Later, I confirmed that it was in fact Anthony that had drawn it and he did it special for me. Smiles for the pick-me-up when Mom was super tired.

After we unloaded the filled backpacks from the van Kjel noticed that a sticker from one of the backpacks was stuck on him. The sticker reads, "Lunch Kit!" We all laughed that it landed right on his belly. Nic, wanted in on the pic so he quickly found a sticker and placed it on his, lunch kit.

We might have a few boxes of tissue at our home. It was one of the items we were collecting for the project. I've spent a lot of time this week thinking about school supplies and haven't had as much time to play with Matthias. One morning I was on the computer and couldn't help but smile as I watched this guy entertain himself by bringing boxes of tissue upstairs and then knocking them off the ledge. I'm glad he can create fun.


I'm 33 weeks, almost 34 weeks pregnant. Smiles for having a buddy with me at all times. In this instance I'm talking about the little one inside of me, not the one, in his diaper, heading up the stairs. There is a second smile in this picture. See my empty garage! I smiled as we moved all the backpacks out of my garage and into the van for one final trip.

Kjel is continuing to lose weight. I smile each time he tells me he's down a few pounds. Lately, I've laughed a little too. For some reason the amount he's down each morning, I'm up each morning. I had a goal with this pregnancy, when it came to weight gain. I'm not sure I'm going to pull it off but I've exercised and tried hard. In the end, I'll just blame Kjel for sticking his weight on me each night while I'm sleeping.

Yesterday's scrimmage was a smile. I really love watching the boys on the field. It's just fun to get lost in the game. I smiled when I found out Isaak made weight. This means he can touch the ball. We were seriously stressed that he'd be red-striped because he's a so close to the weight limit for his division. I cheered when I found out he could have easily gained a pound. Phew, glad he's not gaining his daddies weight like me.

I smiled when I went out to lunch with a friend. She took me to this yummy place, Fuell. The food was delicious. The company was even better. It was nice to take a moment and just chat and laugh and be thankful for friends.