Sunday, August 19, 2012

Football fanatics

Yesterday, was a big football day. Big because for our family the entire day was about football. Kjel and Isaak hit the field at 11 AM and Anthony and I joined them at 2:30.We left the field around 6:30PM. I should have been completely exhausted and I will admit that I was tired but I was completely ecstatic to be cheering on my boy's teams and taking in some football ambiance.

First, I must say I'm not really a football fan. I know very little about the game and I rarely watch an entire game on TV. I'm just not that dedicated. However, if you throw my kid out on the field I turn into a die hard.

Each boy's team had three scrimmages. The Seahawks (Isaak's team) was up first. I missed the first scrimmage because of some Eagle project I was completing with Clayton. I made it to the field in time to see Isaak's last two scrimmages. Kjel was at the field in full force with the camera. So check out these pics.




 In this pic Isaak just took out the QB. 




The Cardinals (Tony's team) was up a little later. It was just as much fun watching him as it was watching Isaak. This is Tony's second year and I could tell he was much more sure of himself on the field. He was more comfortable and confident in what his position does.

Tony is the second guy from the left.
 In this pic he's the red guy going after the blue 5-something
 I think he looks too grown-up in this pic. Where'd the little kid go?

In the end, the day was extremely successful. I had two crazy happy boys. They love playing this game. Their parents were super happy watching. I think it's a win, win.

I did learn that if I'm not careful, we'll be delivering this baby on the field. Twice I jumped up when the Cardinals made a touchdown. Instantly, my body reminded me that I'm pregnant and need to keep this kiddo inside for a few more weeks. We'll just say I might need to tie myself down so I don't forget that this chick should not be jumping!