We are crazy busy at this house. Just like everyone else we've got plenty to do and not enough time to do it. I'd say I'd like some more time but honestly, I really don't want any more time. If there were more hours in a day then there would be even more expected. So I'm smiling that there's only 24 hours each day and nothing more.
Clayton has made huge strides on his Eagle project. This has truly been a team effort with a ton of help from the community and our ward. Kjel's created many nerd driven computer programs to help us track donations and I'm the resident counter of inventory. Clayton of course is heading up the project and has done a great job. We'll all be thankful when he passes out the backpacks on Saturday and the project comes to a close. I told my friend yesterday that if the cause he was working on wasn't worth it I would have thrown in the towel weeks ago. There's something about helping kids with some of the tools they need for school that wins my heart over even when I'm tired. This is what my front room looks like right now. It's overwhelming when I think of all those who have so willingly donated. It's also overwhelming to think that we have to get all of these supplies stuffed in these backpacks. It's a good thing Clayton's got a team of young men and young women stepping up to help on Tuesday night.
I smiled yesterday morning as Kjel and I took a walk through our neighborhood. The last time we went on a walk together was before the kids were born. It was magic to spend time with him. He suggested we walk together every morning. I'm won! I like this new guy that's emerging. Lots to smile about even though there's less of him.
I smiled this week when Nic and Matthias played in the sprinklers together. It's always a smile to see brothers being kind.
At the grocery store yesterday, I saw some cute kids riding on the bottom of the cart. A brother and sister together just happy and having fun. They had huge smiles on their faces and you'd have thought they were best friends. I couldn't help but smile, their smiles were contagious.
I've made great progress on the quilt. SMILE. I've still got some big hours I need to put into it so it can arrive in time for the special day but I think between packing backpacks and football practices and games I can squeeze a couple hours out. I'm looking forward to the finished product because it's nice to see the end result and it's nice to see the end.
I'm just giddy about this next smile. Giddy because when I talk to this 91year-old man it's like talking to a teenage boy. That's what love will do to you. My grandfather is getting married. I can't help but smile when I think of my Grandfather and the great joy he is feeling in his life. Since the loss of his sweet Nina, his heart has been aching. It's been many years since he's felt such happiness and while I have no doubt his heart still aches for his love of so many years, I know that he will enjoy and cherish and love his new wife too. I'm glad they have each other.
Friday night I smiled as our family sat outside, ate dinner, played catch, and just enjoyed the cooler weather and the great company. It's fun to be together as a family.

