We started celebrations last night because today, after school, is packed full of activities. We knew we wouldn't all be in the same location until after 8PM tonight and while we certainly wouldn't deny eating cake and ice cream that late in the evening we also didn't want Nic to have to wait until that late to open his present and enjoy the festivities.
So, yesterday we decorated and opened presents and sang Happy Birthday and ate cake and ice cream and celebrated. And this morning we ate cake and talked about how awesome Nic is and celebrated his birthday. Kid gets two full days to celebrate! I think that's a decent deal.
Nic and I devised a cake and I must say not only does it look delicious but it tastes delicious!
Oreo cake
someone wanting to taste the oreo cake
Opening cards and present.
I didn't think he'd know what this is but he instantly knew. It's a water bottle launcher. The boys instantly ran outside and started setting off water bottle rockets. Total boy heaven!
Here is a video of the candle blow-out. The vids a little long and we sound terribly pathetic singing, Happy Birthday but the end couple seconds are super fun.
Love you Nic!




