Sunday, September 23, 2012

smiles


Last Sunday, Anthony made good on his bet and ended up wearing the winning team (UofU) colors to church. I smiled as I thought about him making the bet with one of his prior YM's leaders. Anthony was certain this was a no fail and the poor man would be wearing blue. I think Anthony looks good sporting a red bow-tie.

Yesterday, the Packers onesie arrived in the mail. In this picture I'm not smiling because I seriously thought Kjel was just taking a pic of my belly. I did smile when I saw how cute the onesie is and as I thought about getting little sister dressed in it on game day. Go Pack Go!

Nic's birthday is this Tuesday and he and I have been planning out his birthday cake. I'm smiling just thinking about celebrating his 11th birthday. We have a busy evening with scouts and YM's and a football game but we'll definitely get some cake and celebrating squeezed in there.

I sat the boys down last night and we started watching West Side Story together. No worries, I muted the end of the first song when they whip out that string of swear words. I certainly didn't want Matthias sharing his new words in nursery. I smiled as they watched and did a little laughing and made a few mocking comments about the "intimi-dance" the gangs were doing. I love sharing some of my favorite musicals with my boys. Even the ones who were certain they'd be leaving after the first few minutes, can't wait to finish the movie today.

Yesterday, Nic approached me very kindly and suggested that we needed to do some grocery shopping. We were down to less than a gallon of milk and also needed some bread. I was laying on the couch and he came up and said, 'I think we may want to consider purchasing a few things at the grocery store today.' I always smile when my boys step up and take on the adult role, in a kind and appropriate way. I asked him to get a piece of paper and make a list of the items we needed and then he took me to the grocery store and filled the cart.

Isaak is officially a super reader. He's been reading a series of books and I can't help but smile each time he begs me to sit down and listen to him read. I'm spoiled, I'm impressed and I'm unbelievably thankful for his school teacher who made all the difference. How can I not smile? How do I ever begin to thank this amazing woman for what she's given to my son?

Yesterday morning I attended a baptism for a sweet girl in our ward. I just smiled and cried and thought about how lucky I was to attend the baptism for this beautiful girl. I kept watching this sweet girl and her family and thinking about the idea that one day my own daughter will turn 8. 

After the baptism I rushed to the football field to catch the second half of Isaak's game. It was freezing cold but that just meant that the smile on my face was frozen in place. I just love watching these kids play. His entire team played great. I loved that at the end of the game the coach pointed out that the team did well because each player stepped up and took care of their job. When everyone's doing their job the team succeeds. Such a true life principle. 

Smiles for weather that is cooling down. I love Fall and Spring in Kenosha. These two season are magic here and it's wonderful that I'm getting to enjoy the windows open and the cool breeze while I finish these last few days of pregnancy. We're drinking apple cider and pulling sweatshirts out of the closet. It's just this peaceful feeling that relaxes me.

I smiled as Kjel cleaned the bathrooms in the house! Thanks so much.

I smile as each day came to a close and I was able to take care of the important tasks. I'm not wishing the days away but as I snuggle into bed at night I can't help but be thankful that my body and mind pulled through one more day. 

I smile when the boys come home from school. I just love having them around me.

I smiled Friday night when they asked about when little sister would get here and how it would all happen. It led into a conversation about when each one of them were born. It was a fun family moment.